Win [How To] Add NFS server capabilities to Windows (free)
I tried WinNFSd and got it to work. But the problem with the missing special characters was not acceptable for me. Therefore I gave haneWIN NFS Server a try and had problems setting it up. But finally I found a working configuration and I want to share it here:

Conditions:
  • Windows 10 Pro x64 with a NTFS+MBR filesystem.
  • HaneWin NFS Server v1.2.42 (as service installer)
  • I use the Windows Firewall and granted the full inbound and outbound access of the two haneWin NFS processes: nfsd.exe and pmapd.exe (4 firewall rules)

Tutorial:
  1. Install HaneWIN NFS Server
  2. Start nfsctl.exe (GUI for settings) with admin rights and register the software (or use it 30 days as shareware)
  3. Edit -> Preferences
  4. I changed two settings of the HaneWIN NFS Server in order to get it to work (see screenshots below):
    • NFS-Tab: Check "Reset inode-table on restart of server"
    • Server-Tab: Uncheck "Use file ID as inode on NTFS volumes"
  5. Export-Tab: "Edit exports file" and insert your shares (see screenshot below)
  6. Save and Apply the settings and exit the GUI
  7. Restart Windows 10
That's it!

Then I followed "host505"s tutorial to add the NFS-Server to the KODI NFS sources:
Quote:- Optional, add your windows pc's ip on (client) Kodi's file manager as an NFS source: Settiings/File Manager/Add source/Browse/Add network location/Protocol: NFS, Server address: IP of win pc/OK/give-a-name/OK.

Messages In This Thread
RE: [How To] Add NFS server capabilities to Windows (non-free) - by banditos - 2020-01-05, 02:03
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[How To] Add NFS server capabilities to Windows (free)2