Scraper problems- LibreElec
Hello guys, I just registered in this wonderful board only for EMM Smile

I have a little "issue" with EMM and the Kodi-Scraper and would like your opinion on this.

First things first: I use Kodi with MySQL. The database is on my private homeserver. EMM has not touched the Kodi-database as far as I can tell. I only used EMM to sort my files and create the according folders. After everything was sorted, I only ran the Kodi-internal scraper against my video files. These files also are stored on that homeserver and accessed via samba.

Now, here's the thing: The Kodi scraper ONLY see's new video files (movies or TV-Shows, doesn't matter) AFTER I have ran EMM and clicked it's "refresh database". As far as I can tell this has nothing to do with the Kodi-database but with EMMs internal database, am I right? It basically creates the NFO files and downloads the thumbnails.

Once this is done, the Kodi scraper finds new episodes / new movies. It seems to ignore movies / episodes which do not have their nfo-file with them.

Is this the case and can it be avoided? I would like to be able to scan my files only with Kodi after I have put a new episode into the folder.

Thank you very much for your great work. If I had had to rename all those files and put them into their folders I would have killed myself by now... or gotten drunk... or both Smile
@m0untainw0lf

(2018-03-10, 21:38)m0untainw0lf Wrote: Now, here's the thing: The Kodi scraper ONLY see's new video files (movies or TV-Shows, doesn't matter) AFTER I have ran EMM and clicked it's "refresh database"
If I am understanding correctly, are you implying that you are modifying the nfo files for existing library entries, but if you then scan for new content then the modifications are not shown in the library? If yes, then that is correct. Read the wiki page here for an understanding of why and how... https://kodi.wiki/view/Updating_or_removing_videos
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
Hey, thank you very much for your reply.

That is not what I am trying. Sorry, for not making myself clear. I'll try again, writing every small step:

### what I did in the past ###
  • cleared the library completely.
  • re-organized files with EMM.
  • fired up Kodi and clicked "refresh library" (or the german translation anyway)
--> This worked perfectly well. Kodi found every movie and show which had been prepared by Ember.

### what I try to achieve ###
  • place a new video file (named and "foldered" correctly) in the movies-folder ----- or: place a new episode into the respective season-folder
  • start Kodi and refresh the library
  • see the new video files
--> This does not work. The Kodi-scraper seems to not be able to see the new file. Even when I info-click the season and select "search new stuff" ("Neue Inhalte suchen" in German).

!!! However, once I run EMM and let it scan for new media, EMM finds it easy enough, scrapes it, places it's magic files next to the videos and viola: Next library-scan Kodi can see them, too.

So my best guess was: Kodi got used to me providing nfo files. That is why its scraper ignores "naked" / standalone video-files. But this seems... odd, don't you think?
Yes, it does seem odd. Can you capture that in a Debug log (wiki) please.

1. Enable Debugging mode. Go to Settings>System Settings>Logging and it should be the first option
  2. Restart Kodi
  3. Replicate the problem by trying to scrape a new video without the assistance of EMM, hopefully you can catch the failed scrape.
  4. Upload the results to https://pastebin.com/ or https://paste.ubuntu.com/ and link back here.
Note: Full logs only. No partial or redacted logs
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
Sounds like you have Kodi setup to local nfo scraper only and because you don't have Ember set up in a way to auto scrape new content there is nothing for the Kodi scraper to read from
Good morning guys and sorry for all the trouble.

I had myself a deeper look into the debug-log. Something you should do before posting... I found many errors, stating that CURL received a 401 from api.themoviedb.org. Pasting the URL into a browser I got the message that the API-key was disabled.

Searching for that problem on the internet, I always read I should update the scrapers and the scraper-library from the repos. Something I have already done, but the problem remains. BUT (!!) this is no EMM problem, rather than a libreelec one. So thank you all, I'll head over to them for newer plugins.

===

I only thought this had to do with EMM because I started using EMM at the same time, as the scraper-plugin stopped working. Now isn't that a much more plausible explenation?

Thanks again!
Moved out of Ember and into Metadata Scrapers
My Signature
@m0untainw0lf which LibreELEC version are you using? The scraper "themoviedb.org" which is used in Kodi should have the same API no matter if you use LibreELEC, Kodi on Windows, Linux or MacOS.

So it would be really interesting to see the log in here.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Scraper problems- LibreElec0