Android Plugin fails due to missing Python standard library
A user reported (ref.) the failure of my plugin to execute on NVIDIA SHIELD Android TV. From an excerpt of the log, it is apparent that it is not finding a Python standard library module:
Quote:Error Type: <type 'exceptions.ImportError'>
Error Contents: No module named _multiprocessing
The wiki Python Libraries page says:
Quote:Kodi Python comes with all the standard modules from Python 2.7 or later. See https://docs.python.org/2.7/library/ for reference.
The Python reference page documents the multiprocessing module at 16.6. So, I thought I could rely upon it.

Is the documentation in error, or is this a possible bug in the Android version (NVIDIA SHIELD Android TV with Android 7.0.0 API level 24, kernel: Linux ARM 64-bit version 3.10.96+)?
Missing random binary modules from the Standard Lib on some platform is a known issue. E.g. on Windows notorious culprits are datetime and cElementTree.
Ah, okay. Thank you.

I searched for information on missing standard library modules, but came up empty. Is there a list of these missing modules documented somewhere so one could know what exceptions need to be caught?
if someone could compile a list, we can try to fix the missing
Multiprocessing on Android is not supported, is there any other way for Kodi on Android ?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Plugin fails due to missing Python standard library0