Updating Media Information - Storage Location
I really like TinyMediaManager out of many I have tried. When I update media information on my movies tab, the extra information files (images, .info, etc) are stored in a location different than the media files themselves. But when I do the same thing for tv series, all this information gets downloaded & stored in the same location as the media files themselves. This clutters up my media files & makes it more difficult when I transfer them to my tablet or thumb drive for viewing on other systems.

All other media managers that i have used store all of this extra information in a central "system" location & never in the media files. I have searched for the answer but I can find nothing so far to help me. Is it possible to have all the extra information stored in a central location or specify a custom location?
(2018-03-13, 01:38)enthusiast01 Wrote: When I update media information on my movies tab, the extra information files (images, .info, etc) are stored in a location different than the media files themselves.

very interesting - I did not know about that yet...
tinyMediaManager is designed to serve Kodi (and Kodi like media centers) with meta data and Kodi expects the meta data (images/nfo..) in the same place as the media files. So this is intentional and will not be changed in the future
tinyMediaManager - THE media manager of your choice - available for Windows, macOS and Linux
Help us translate tinyMediaManager at Weblate | Translations at 66%
Found a bug or want to submit a feature request? Contact us at GitLab
Well that really limits its use as a standalone then. I do not know anyone who is meticulous about their media file organization who wants their source folders polluted. I guess I will have to continue to look elsewhere. It is a shame because this is the best I have been able to find. I have no use whatsoever for 90% of the bloated media organizers out there that are ;arge;y  tailored towards the all in one computer / tv / everydevice connected audience.
(2018-03-14, 05:45)enthusiast01 Wrote: I do not know anyone who is meticulous about their media file organization who wants their source folders polluted
Me and the many other satisfied users of TMM.

There are two ways to store associated files... with the movie, or away from the movie. There is no in-between. And doing it different to your preferred way does not mean it is wrong or polluted

Are you a Kodi user?
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
(2018-03-14, 06:04)Karellen Wrote:
(2018-03-14, 05:45)enthusiast01 Wrote: I do not know anyone who is meticulous about their media file organization who wants their source folders polluted
Me and the many other satisfied users of TMM.

There are two ways to store associated files... with the movie, or away from the movie. There is no in-between. And doing it different to your preferred way does not mean it is wrong or polluted

Are you a Kodi user? 

I have tried Kodi & it is not the sort of media manager that I am looking for. TMM is if I can figure out how to move the extra information away from my TV files.

My original post asked if it was possible to put them "away from the movie" - in my case tv media files. So I do not understand why you think I am asking for something off the wall. If you know how I can configure TMM to store the extra files away from my tv media files, then why not be helpful instead of taking it personal that I do not like things the way you like them.
Ok, lets clear up the misunderstanding. Firstly if you don't like my tone, then maybe be a little less trashy about the way apps do things. mlaggner and myron volunteer countless hours on creating their software, so implying that they have done it wrong is just not on. You have the right to not like something, but be civil about it.

Kodi is a media centre that can collate, display and play all the media you can throw at it. All centralised in one accessible program.

Why is it so important that you separate your media classes? Why can't you keep the video file and the associated artwork in the one folder? Do you live in that folder? Do you spend most of your day doing things in that folder? I bet not.

So maybe explain that for a start. Also explain what it is that you do not like about Kodi. We might be able to guide you a bit better if we have a deeper understanding.

Kodi is highly customisable, and not really meant for the novice user. For this reason, a lot of people look at Kodi, don't understand it, then decide it is not for them, yet with a bit of customising it could have been exactly what they wanted.
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Updating Media Information - Storage Location0