v18 HDR High Dynamic Range
(2018-03-16, 10:46)afedchin Wrote:
(2018-03-14, 03:56)scott967 Wrote: In running the tests with default settings, I got "green screen" on all the HDR samples. 

Please provide a full Debug Log
I held off until I could install 180318 ngithly.  Since PR#13655 (I assume) I no longer get "green screen" when opening hevc main10 encoded HDR video files and rendering is set to "auto".   Playback is in ff-hevc(sw).

scott s.
(2018-03-19, 19:55)Warner306 Wrote: FYI, this is what madshi had to say about HDR support in Windows just after the Nvidia private API became available:

So, no HDR passthrough then in Kodi till MS fixes windows.
(2018-03-20, 16:55)afedchin Wrote:
(2018-03-19, 19:55)Warner306 Wrote: FYI, this is what madshi had to say about HDR support in Windows just after the Nvidia private API became available:

So, no HDR passthrough then in Kodi till MS fixes windows. 
I'm hopeful someone will update DSPlayer once v18 gets closer to final or its back to an external player for HDR content which is undesirable.
and going by what Microsoft has posted for the spring creators update it will still use the toggle method so on or off, there is a calibration tool added that is beta but doesn't sound like it will work for Kodi

HDR Video on more Windows PCs: Many newer devices are capable of HDR video, but needed to be calibrated in the factory to enable HDR. Now, we are expanding HDR video access to more users via new functionality via Settings > Apps > Video playback. If the “Stream HDR video” toggle can be switched to “On”, your device can be calibrated for HDR video.To try our experimental calibration tool, click the link “Change calibration settings for HDR video on my built-in display”. This allows you to change the way HDR video appears on your device, allowing you to find your preferred balance between details in dark scenes and details in bright scenes. This tool is still early stage, and we’d love any feedback you might have as we are getting this tool ready for release with RS4.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
HDR High Dynamic Range2