Solved Problem creating MySQL database on Synology nas
Hi For some reason i can't get my LibreELEC to create a MySQL database on my NAS. I have a Synology NAS where i have installed phpMyAdmin and the MariaDB 10 on. I have setup a user called kodi with the password kodi and given it all the permissions. I followed this guide from the Kodi forum:MySQL/Setting up Kodi - Official Kodi Wiki I have been googling for the last two day to try and solve the problem, but i just can't figure out what is going wrong, so now i need help! This is my advancedsettings.xml that i placed in the Userdata folder
  1. <advancedsettings>
  2. <videodatabase>
  3. <type>mysql</type>
  4. <host>10.0.0.186</host>
  5. <port>3306</port>
  6. <user>kodi</user>
  7. <pass>kodi</pass>
  8. </videodatabase>
  9. <musicdatabase>
  10. <type>mysql</type>
  11. <host>10.0.0.186</host>
  12. <port>3306</port>
  13. <user>kodi</user>
  14. <pass>kodi</pass>
  15. </musicdatabase>
  16. <videolibrary>
  17. <importwatchedstate>true</importwatchedstate>
  18. <importresumepoint>true</importresumepoint>
  19. </videolibrary>
  20. </advancedsettings>

I have tried turning on the "Wait for network" option and set it to 30 seconds. My Pi boots up faster than that.I also tried manually opening the port 3306 in my Synology Firewall.And i also tried creating the Database myself, but nothing is put into the Database.I think i just about tried everything i could find and understand on google. This is my kodi.log file:WDW The only thing i did not do in the guide was the export part, since i did not care about that. I am running the latest LibreELEC build and just did a clean install tonight to try and start over, but still not working. Any suggestions?
This looks like a network issue. Make sure the SQL service is actually running and the proper port can be accessed.
The service is running on my NAS, i even tried restarting the entire NAS to see if that would do anything. And like i said, i have opened the port on the NAS server aswell.
Fixed the problem from an answer on another forum. The problem was MariaDB running on port 3307 and not 3306... So the problem is fixed now.
(2018-03-14, 16:55)Phingum Wrote: Fixed the problem from an answer on another forum. The problem was MariaDB running on port 3307 and not 3306... So the problem is fixed now.
Thank you, had the same problem and you gave solution.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Problem creating MySQL database on Synology nas0