Screwed up Master Profile, All add-on_data intact, how to restore?
Hi - Did something stupid (doh!) and now my Master Profile doesn't show any of the video add-ons I've installed over the years. Same with all my repositories, etc.

I still have all the data in the "add-on_data" folder in the Master Profile...how can I make the profile see them again without having to do a complete reinstall? Are these referenced in an .xml file or other database item?

Thanks...
OK, whatever I did I now see that all my stuff was still intact but all disabled. Huh.

Tedious to re-enable everything but much easier than re-installing. Whew.

So I'm pretty much back to where I was. But if anyone could tell me what caused this (i.e., what part of the database got hosed to make everything disabled) I'd appreciate learning that...
I think you are the only one that can answer that question.

(2018-03-14, 22:42)chicowoodhill Wrote: Did something stupid (doh!) and now my Master Profile...
Whatever you did there ^^ is what caused it. We can't possibly know what you did.
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
I would expect you either corrupted the add-on database or manually copied the files to a new location.

If kodi senses that an add-on has been installed by file copying (rather than by the normal in-app install routes) then it will automatically disable them.
|Banned add-ons (wiki)|Forum rules (wiki)|VPN policy (wiki)|First time user (wiki)|FAQs (wiki) Troubleshooting (wiki)|Add-ons (wiki)|Free content (wiki)|Debug Log (wiki)|

Kodi Blog Posts
(2018-03-14, 23:23)DarrenHill Wrote: I would expect you either corrupted the add-on database or manually copied the files to a new location.

If kodi senses that an add-on has been installed by file copying (rather than by the normal in-app install routes) then it will automatically disable them.
 Yes, thanks, I did several things and couldn't backtrack just what in my mind. But you've answered my question, in that I can't just copy things between profiles and expect it to work as before. Even though they did still exist in the database, they were just disabled, and you've confirmed that's normal. So it was just a matter of re-enabling all of them. 

Thanks much. btw, is the "enabled/disabled" flag available in an .xml file to toggle via editor, or in these cases is it better to do it the more tedious way from within Kodi?
There I have no idea, so I'd say the tedious way...
|Banned add-ons (wiki)|Forum rules (wiki)|VPN policy (wiki)|First time user (wiki)|FAQs (wiki) Troubleshooting (wiki)|Add-ons (wiki)|Free content (wiki)|Debug Log (wiki)|

Kodi Blog Posts
Thanks. I like puttering under the hood, usually I'm successful, occasionally it screws up, usually I have a quick backup, this time I didn't, hence the "doh!"

I like to learn, even if it hurts sometimes Wink
(2018-03-14, 23:54)chicowoodhill Wrote: I like to learn, even if it hurts sometimes Wink
 Learn to take a backup...  It hurts less and indicates a higher level of intelligence...

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Screwed up Master Profile, All add-on_data intact, how to restore?0