Solved Geforce 210 and Kodi 18 Alpha
I've been running a HTPC on an OS based on Arch Linux and performed an upgrade to the OS a few months back to get mythtv 29.  However, the upgrade also updated the nvidia drivers from 304 to 340 and the mythtv frontend would occasionally get errors and become unresponsive.  I haven't had any of these issues since reverting back to 304 series drivers.  Anyway, that is the background which is not specifically related to Kodi, but the point is that I am currently on nvidia 304 drivers with a Geforce 210.

I was able to build a kodi package for Kodi 17.6 and everything seems to work flawlessly while using VDPAU for video acceleration in the addons I have.  I was intrigued by the development of watching DRM content in Kodi 18, so I compiled it and was able to play some inputstream.adaptive video, but it was kind of choppy and out of sync with the audio.  However, the real kicker is that whenever I would try to play something on one of the addons that worked fine previously in 17.6, Kodi would segfault.  I have since reverted to 17.6 with a plan to go back to 18 when I have some time and potentially get some debug logs.

In the meantime, does anybody have 18 working with VDPAU hardware acceleration on a Geforce 210 in linux?  If so, can you let me know the revision of nvidia driver you're using?

It's not that I mind updating the video card, it's more that this one has been handling HDTV well, I've been out of the game so long that I wouldn't know what to get, and I don't want to pay a bunch of money for a video card.
Closing the loop on this, please see post:
https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=329791

In my distro, Kodi 18 alpha hardware acceleration works with the Geforce 210 with nvidia legacy driver 340 but not with nvidia legacy driver 304.
Thread marked solved.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Geforce 210 and Kodi 18 Alpha0