LibreElec - Cant access the partition after burning the img to usb drive
Hello,

Im having problems to access the 512mb partition that rufus / libreElec writer has burned to my usb drive
Windows explorer is asking me to format the drive.

How can i solve this?
LibreELEC consists of two partitions: a read-only system partition and a EXT4 data storage partition. The latter will be auto-resized on the first boot of LibreELEC.
Why would you need access to the system partition? It basically only has 2 blob files (KERNEL and SYSTEM) as well as their md5 files. Windows wouldn't know what to do with them anyway.
I need to access it to replace the dtb file
A friend of mine managed to access the partition on a linux instalation but not from windows
I guess this is a windows bug.

i'll install a linux distro and try to do the steps again.

Thank you.
Are you using libreelec on a pi?  Replacing a dtb file sounds more like amlogic...?
People still manage to run a specific OS on different hardware? Smile
Rather than going the whole hog of installing Linux, why not just run it from a LiveDVD or LiveUSB temporarily and use that to access and tweak things?
|Banned add-ons (wiki)|Forum rules (wiki)|VPN policy (wiki)|First time user (wiki)|FAQs (wiki) Troubleshooting (wiki)|Add-ons (wiki)|Free content (wiki)|Debug Log (wiki)|

Kodi Blog Posts
OP is posting in the Raspberry Pi section, so LiveDVD/LiveUSB would not really be an option.
Booting from USB seems to work OOTB with the new RPi3B+, according to LibreELEC tests. So that opens new possibilities. Smile
I managed to add the dtb file from a linux instalation.
Looks like windows cant see the newly created partition.

Thank you guys.
Topic moved to Linux section.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
LibreElec - Cant access the partition after burning the img to usb drive0