Is there a list of smart tvs that are compatible with Kodi?
I'm currently a Kodi user but my box from china makes it so I use an app store.  I have looked at many tv's and I can tell that on some Kodi won't be supported, like Roku, so that means all Vizio Smart TV's with Roku are out of the question. This is why there should be a list of smart tvs that are compatible with Kodi. I'd just like to find a nice smart tv I can add Kodi to for double the smartness! 

Please move to the correct forum if I have mistakenly put this in the wrong place.

Thanks!
A compatibility list I have not found.  Any android based os smart TV should run kodi, although I personally would run kodi on a separate device.
The simple answer to your topic question is a resounding 'no'. It's never gonna happen that Team Kodi will search for every new TV and somehow test it (and list it) for full Kodi software compatibility.
I'm thinking of doing what I did with my bedroom tv years ago, buy a Q box and stream. I have cable internet but no cable tv for 3+ years. woohoo. 

I wish I could buy a tv with HDR but they are mostly in 4k and they mostly have Smart capabilities. I heard some models of Samsung, LG & Hisense were good for Kodi, but how do we figure out which model? ugh. 

I just want a couple simple things from a tv... 40-49", Full HD 1080 or higher like 2160 in 4k, HDR High Dynamic Range, I'm a photographer so I'd love to see how HDR looks. It needs to be Android based with an app store or some way I can get Kodi or if there are usb hubs... I can get it there but how would I install it?
I'd prefer a TV with all the hardware goodies but as dumb as possible. TV support on smart addons is nowhere near as long-lasting as the TV's own life expectancy. Ergo, in the long run you will not be able to enjoy some of its addons for the full term, leaving you with a handicapped and un-updateable "smart" TV.

HDR, HDR10... The standards are shifting all the time. Some TVs can receive firmware updates for unlocking new features, but not every TV manufacturer is that cooperative. Most of the time it will simply be a case of "Just buy our newest TV!", and you still end up with a TV having 2-3 year old slow hardware compared to what the latest smart phones offer.
This would be better in Hardware I think - moving it there.
|Banned add-ons (wiki)|Forum rules (wiki)|VPN policy (wiki)|First time user (wiki)|FAQs (wiki) Troubleshooting (wiki)|Add-ons (wiki)|Free content (wiki)|Debug Log (wiki)|

Kodi Blog Posts
Sony Android TV
LeEco Android TV
MY CURRENT MEDIA PLAYER | MY HOME THEATER
MINIX NEO U22-XJ COREELEC v19 MATRIX | EGREAT A10 | NVIDIA SHIELD | LG 75 NANO90 DV/HDR+ | Sony 43 Android TV HDR
XBOX SERIES X  | PS4 PRO 4K | JBL 9.1 System 5.1.4 DTS:X/ATMOS 
My Sony XBR75X900E installed Kodi straight from the Google Play app store with no issues. Android OS drive mapping if you're using external media is a bit of a pain/learning curve, but I just tried it today with no issues.
All TVs are compatible with Kodi. Just plug your Kodi computer into the HDMI port and go.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
(2018-04-10, 08:21)nickr Wrote: All TVs are compatible with Kodi. Just plug your Kodi computer into the HDMI port and go.
 Not all TVs have HDMI ports Wink
(2018-04-10, 12:17)noggin Wrote:
(2018-04-10, 08:21)nickr Wrote: All TVs are compatible with Kodi. Just plug your Kodi computer into the HDMI port and go.
 Not all TVs have HDMI ports Wink 
I knew someone would say that.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
To the OP - basically follow this Televisions - Android TV - list (click)

I use an HDMI to RCA adapter and then an RCA to UHF adapter to use Kodi with my 1980 Sony Trinitron. So put it on the list. ;-)
To simplify there are two catagories of native Smart TVs, of which the first catagory can technically all run Kodi nativly and none in the second category can run Kodi nativly.

The first catagory are those smart TVs that run Android TV (OS) nativly. These include smart TVs from Sony and Philips in Europe (not Americas which don’t run Android TV as OS). These can technically all run some version of Kodi nativly, however not all can run Kodi well. Generally the newer they are the better they will run Kodi, mainly because they will likley feature a later version of Android TV and usually also better follow Android standard API’s which Kodi rely on.

All other smart TV which do not run Android TV as their native OS do not support Kodi nativly and will therefor require and external media player or computer which is commpatible with Kodi and can connect via HDMI. If both the external media player / computer and the television fully support HDMI CEC then you will still be able to use your television remote and it will almost give the experience as if Kodi was running nativly on the television even though it is running on an external media player or computer.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Is there a list of smart tvs that are compatible with Kodi?0