• 4(current)
XBMC for Windows, installer test, rev 12882
feel a bit of a fool now. That did the trick! Graphics drivers updated and its all working. Now just waiting for AC3 and it will be perfect!

Thanks for your help!

Keep up the good work Devs!
wait for AC3 to do what? AC3/DTS passthru is working like a charm here...

DP
Whenever I play AC3 I dont get the stereo channels coming through so I dont hear any voices. Just background music. Unless im doing something wrong. Thought it was something they were still working on.
I've updated all my drivers, reboot, installed/uninstalled yet is still crash on boot for me.
Datekamn Wrote:I've updated all my drivers, reboot, installed/uninstalled yet is still crash on boot for me.

same for me...I wish I could figure out the problem, I've been using XBMC on my xboxes since the beginning and would love to get it running on my PC. Confused
zedhead72 Wrote:same for me...I wish I could figure out the problem, I've been using XBMC on my xboxes since the beginning and would love to get it running on my PC. Confused

What OS and graphic card do you use?
sprite Wrote:What OS and graphic card do you use?

I tried the installer (ran through with no errors). But when I try and launch XBMC or XBMC (windowed) I receive an error immediately and a text file is created under my local settings in a temp folder. The text file is named (random characters)_appcompat.txt and contains xml code for a database. (I can post the code here if someone wants to see what I mean). I tried an uninstall (reboot) and reinstall and am still having the same issue.

My machine is a a 2.0g ghz Athlon, with an ATI All in Wonder 9600 and the account has administrator rights, running XP pro with SP2

Thanks in advance for any thoughts or suggestion?

cheers!
Just to chime in about the AC3.

I did a fresh load of WinXP Pro SP3 on a Gigabyte GA-73PVM-S2H with onboard HDMI and audio. I have the same problem described in this thread (and in a couple of others) about the AC3 audio only having background not voices. It appears the center channel is not working. I have not had time to troubleshoot. I am using audio over HDMI. I have not tested the analog out. This installer version works great on my laptop with full audio so I'm sure it's a driver issue.

Keith
Thanks so much for this installer, works very well. I've been using XBMC since the beginning and it's the only reason I still have an Xbox, I really appreciate all the hard work that's been put in through the years on this app.

Installed and working on my ASUS p5b Plus/e6600/Audigy 2/XP Pro desktop and my DELL Inspiron 6000D laptop.

Installation on the desktop had no issues, the laptop I had errors/crash upon starting the app in windowed or full screen mode. The fix for me was to uninstall my video driver and revert to the original 2005 ATI driver that shipped with the laptop. Unfortunately Dell does not have any newer "official" drivers for this laptop, so I use Mobility Modder to enable newer desktop drivers. After getting XBMC for PC working on those old 2005 drivers I modded the latest ATI driver with Mobility Modder and XBMC is working fine on the latest desktop driver set from ATI.

Knowing full well this is still in beta I've noticed a couple oddities and would like to point them out:
*XBMC for PC takes over the task bar and breaks the ability to alt+tab back and forth between XBMC and a browser window for instance at times.

*Attempting to click on the XBMC button in the task bar when minimized at times has no effect and upon releasing the left mouse button the cursor appears at the top left corner of the screen.

*Oddly enough alt+tab works when clicking does not and visa versa.
zedhead72 Wrote:I tried the installer (ran through with no errors). But when I try and launch XBMC or XBMC (windowed) I receive an error immediately and a text file is created under my local settings in a temp folder. The text file is named (random characters)_appcompat.txt and contains xml code for a database. (I can post the code here if someone wants to see what I mean). I tried an uninstall (reboot) and reinstall and am still having the same issue.

My machine is a a 2.0g ghz Athlon, with an ATI All in Wonder 9600 and the account has administrator rights, running XP pro with SP2

Thanks in advance for any thoughts or suggestion?

cheers!

Hmm, okay. Have you tried running it without any parameters? (both xbmc and xbmc window mode uses xbmc.exe -p and xbmc.exe -fs -p)
Hey Thank you so much for this build, it installed and worked perfectly except a few error

- The weather thingy isnt working properly, changes back to germany everytime and wont update

- The network is showing as (?0?) dont know if its supposed to tho..

other than that it works just fine, i will post other things if i get any wierd errors and stuff

Thank you so much

Greets WrAtH
Just thought I would put my 2 cents in on the AC3 issue.

Was previously running XMBC win on a pc with only 2 channel sound card. Voices were missing. Normally XBMC would mix it down to channels so that the 5 channels could all be heard. This is not the case with the windows version.

Now running it on a pc with 7.1 and everything is working fine over optical out to my amp. All channels working fine.

So for those who may be confused AC3 does work with the right equipment. Just cant downmix it for stereo sound cards at the moment.

Hope this helps.
molesza Wrote:Now running it on a pc with 7.1 and everything is working fine over optical out to my amp. All channels working fine.

So for those who may be confused AC3 does work with the right equipment. Just cant downmix it for stereo sound cards at the moment.

molesza,

You mention the "right" equipment.

I think, but am not sure, that AC3 on Windows currently only works over the optical/coaxial out, and not over HDMI.

Most people reporting problems are using HDMI (ie. keithskaggs 5 posts back). That would explain the issue.

Again, I'm not sure about this, but in the meantime, if you're having trouble with AC3 and you're using HDMI, try optical or coaxial instead.

-Wes
Installer worked like a charm.. And everything appeard to be working as expected, until i started a video... The sound is all there, and so are the subtitles, but the video is just a black screen.. everything else is working, but i cant get any video..
The same thing happens with all fileformats i tried. But VLC plays all my video without any problems..

My system contains:
Motherboard: Asus P5E-VM HDMI
CPU: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6700
Soundcard: Club3D Theatron Agrippa 7.1
Memory: 4G 6400 DDR2 Dimms

I would really enjoy xbmc on my computer, as i still use xbmc on my old xbox.. Still the best media center out there.. But sadly it cant play those HD files.
Sooo,any suggestions will be greatly appreciated.
...And the os is XP SP2
  • 4(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XBMC for Windows, installer test, rev 128820