• 13(current)
Release Netflix Add-on [input-stream]
These commits are implemented if you download the latest master.zip .
And with latest commit, the login problems on my wetek hub are gone for me.
NVIDIA Shield, H270M-Plus (i3-7100),NUC7i3BNH,WeTekHub,Pi2,Win10Server.
I just upgraded to an 18.0 alpha and got Netflix going with this add-on. It looks like (with Widevine CDM installed) the resolution I'm getting is 640 x 480. Looks like this is related to software decoding, but my GPU can decode h.264 in hardware... Is this correct? Any way to up that?

Edit: seems the 'fault' is with my girlfriend's Netflix plan. The 'Basic' plan does 640x480, it doesn't want to do more here. 1280x720 and up is for more expensive plans apparently. I'd reckon most people with access to Netflix would have a 1080p TV as well, but hey...

Edit 2: I confirmed my suspicion by registering for their free trial on a 'Standard' plan; that allows 1080p playback on my Gigabyte Brix A8-5545M.
* MikroTik RB5009UG+S+IN :: ZyXEL GS1900-8HP v1 :: EAP615-Wall v1 :: Netgear GS108T v3 running OpenWrt 23.05
* LibreELEC 11:  HTPC Gigabyte Brix GB-BXA8-5545 with CEC adapter, Sony XR-64A84K :: Desktop AMD Ryzen 7 5800X / Sapphire Nitro+ Radeon 6700XT  / 27" Dell U2717D QHD
* Debian Bookworm x86_64: Celeron G1610, NFS/MariaDB/ZFS server
* Blog
Help, no matter what I do, whenever I load the shows/movies, it dosen't load any metadata, (posters, description, etc.) I try to re-export, change directories and everything, I still cant get it to show. Any help is greatly appricieated. Thanks alot! If you want me to post more information, just ask.
scratch everything i wrote

anyone who can load series but not movies
update to the version that just became available today
0.13.12 fixes it

movies now load
Hi everyone,

has anyone tried this add-on with Raspberry Pi 2 and Libreelec? Watching videos in HD (720 or 1080) is almost not possible, since of the severe lags. 

Also when I browse through Netflix folders I get this kind of errors:
cpp:

18:26:18.728 T:1724904304   ERROR: EXCEPTION Thrown (PythonToCppException) : -->Python callback/script returned the following error<--
                                             - NOTE: IGNORING THIS CAN LEAD TO MEMORY LEAKS!
                                            Error Type: <class 'socket.timeout'>
                                            Error Contents: timed out
                                            Traceback (most recent call last):
                                              File "/storage/.kodi/addons/plugin.video.netflix/addon.py", line 33, in <module>
                                                NAVIGATION.router(paramstring=REQUEST_PARAMS)
                                              File "/storage/.kodi/addons/plugin.video.netflix/resources/lib/utils.py", line 60, in wrapped
                                                result = func(*args, **kwargs)
                                              File "/storage/.kodi/addons/plugin.video.netflix/resources/lib/Navigation.py", line 167, in router
                                                widget_display=widget_display)
                                              File "/storage/.kodi/addons/plugin.video.netflix/resources/lib/Navigation.py", line 502, in show_video_list
                                                'cache': True}))
                                              File "/storage/.kodi/addons/plugin.video.netflix/resources/lib/Navigation.py", line 1046, in call_netflix_service
                                                data = urllib2.urlopen(full_url).read()
                                              File "/usr/lib/python2.7/urllib2.py", line 154, in urlopen
                                              File "/usr/lib/python2.7/urllib2.py", line 429, in open
                                              File "/usr/lib/python2.7/urllib2.py", line 447, in _open
                                              File "/usr/lib/python2.7/urllib2.py", line 407, in _call_chain
                                              File "/usr/lib/python2.7/urllib2.py", line 1228, in http_open
                                              File "/usr/lib/python2.7/urllib2.py", line 1201, in do_open
                                              File "/usr/lib/python2.7/httplib.py", line 1121, in getresponse
                                              File "/usr/lib/python2.7/httplib.py", line 438, in begin
                                              File "/usr/lib/python2.7/httplib.py", line 394, in _read_status
                                              File "/usr/lib/python2.7/socket.py", line 480, in readline
                                            timeout: timed out
                                            -->End of Python script error report<--
18:26:19.372 T:1724904304 WARNING: CPythonInvoker(26, /storage/.kodi/addons/plugin.video.netflix/addon.py): the python script "/storage/.kodi/addons/plugin.video.netflix/addon.py" has left several classes in memory that we couldn't clean

Any help would be appreciated.
Been trying to create a playlist for all the Netflix TV shows now in my Kodi Library. I want to show them as a widget on the TV Show main menu item. Thought I could create a list of TV shows, by setting the playlist type to 'TV Shows', then set a rule to the root path folder containing each of the TV shows folders I've exported, but either Kodi or the Netflix addon doesn't seem to like this and won't display these Tv shows. The only way I've found currently to achieve the result I'm looking for is to add path rule for each of the individual TV shows I've exported. I'm pretty sure I have created such a list in the past for local content I in my library, so any suggestions would be much appreciated.
Cheers
Well, I'm not sure what to do. I've followed the instructions on the OP including the location of the widevinecdm.dll and the repository and still get a pycryptodome error. How do I solve this missing script problem?
(2018-08-29, 16:07)Dumyat Wrote: Been trying to create a playlist for all the Netflix TV shows now in my Kodi Library. I want to show them as a widget on the TV Show main menu item. Thought I could create a list of TV shows, by setting the playlist type to 'TV Shows', then set a rule to the root path folder containing each of the TV shows folders I've exported, but either Kodi or the Netflix addon doesn't seem to like this and won't display these Tv shows. The only way I've found currently to achieve the result I'm looking for is to add path rule for each of the individual TV shows I've exported. I'm pretty sure I have created such a list in the past for local content I in my library, so any suggestions would be much appreciated.
Cheers
In your smart playlist 'path' rule I think you can set it to 'starts with' instead of 'is'.  Set the path to the Netflix 'shows' folder and that should pick up all of the TV shows in that folder.
𝕓'𝕤𝕜𝕖𝕥𝕥𝕚
KODI v20 'Nexus' with SKIN Arctic Horizon
NAS Synology DiskStation DS212j with PVR TVheadend
HTPC Intel NUC5i5RYH with OS Windows 10
(2018-08-30, 05:11)b'sketti Wrote: In your smart playlist 'path' rule I think you can set it to 'starts with' instead of 'is'.  Set the path to the Netflix 'shows' folder and that should pick up all of the TV shows in that folder. 
Thanks for the tip. Works like a charm now Smile  
Now, if I can figure out why a couple of Genre node paths won't work as widgets, then I'm completely sorted.
New Reputation like coming your way..... Smile
Cheers
(2018-08-30, 02:42)Bedwyr Wrote: Well, I'm not sure what to do. I've followed the instructions on the OP including the location of the widevinecdm.dll and the repository and still get a pycryptodome error. How do I solve this missing script problem?
What device/operating system are you using?
Have you enabled the 'InputStream Adaptive' addon in your Kodi addons? The Netflix addon needs this to be enabled. I'm pretty sure it isn't enabled by default if my memory serves me correctly.
Hi all,

Anyone got this Netflix addon working on an older weak PC? Does it have high specifications than normal Kodi in any way?
My poor little laptop can just, just do 1080p files over my SMB network, the UI is a little slow, but I prefer Kodi look to Netflix, so I'd gladly try this instead when 18 ships.

Also, can you search Netflix, through Kodi?
(sorry, is there a FAQ, I'm terrible, sorry)
Can't seem to get any video ? 

https://paste.ee/p/nEVm6
Ok i have an issue

Im on libreelec beta

I can play most streams in 1080p but forbtge life of me no matter what i try suits will inly play in 480, but plays in 1080p on windows
First, let me say that add-on is great...
I have a registered Netflix account which supports 4 devices at the same time.
I installed Kodi 18 and Netflix add-on on Mi box (android 8) and it all works great.
Yesterday, after updating the software, I was finally able to install kodi 18 on my TV Sony android, 
I added Netflix add-on, registered w/o any problems, got access to all of the films and shows, 
but, when I start any video on Netflix it just blinks and nothing happens. The video won’t load/start.
I already have perfectly working original Netflix app on my TV. And I read here that the problem could be already used ESN.
What should I do?
Currently there are problems on ARM devices and feedback is already adressed to the right place ---> https://github.com/peak3d/inputstream.ad...issues/185
So it will need patience and finally a big thanks to all the hard working devs, who will continue to supply us with VOD on Kodi!
NVIDIA Shield, H270M-Plus (i3-7100),NUC7i3BNH,WeTekHub,Pi2,Win10Server.
  • 13(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Netflix Add-on [input-stream]14