• 190(current)
Release Netflix Add-on [input-stream]
(2021-09-04, 00:31)Zodler Wrote: I have to say that this addon is a must for nVidia Shield. I did some tests and the official Netflix app doesn't do refresh rate change. So you see micro stutters everywhere. How on earth they can release an app on Nvidia Shield that doesn't do refresh rate change?

You are very right, not to mention the redicilous high placement of the subtitels in the shield app, in kodi very nice in the black bar, even a Amazon firestick does perfect framerate in all streaming apps only for a quarter of the Nvidia shield price.
After updating to 1.12.6 Leia, you cannot search by audio and subtitle language.
https://github.com/CastagnaIT/plugin.vid...ssues/1231
Ok, I'm going to sound like a complete moron, but I can not for the life of me figure out what exactly I should be setting in Player Settings/Language or Addons/Netflix to get this plugin to behave as Netflix does by default when it comes to subtitles.

I am a native English speaker, but I always watch with original audio and have Player Settings/Language has Preferred Audio language set to "Original" to facilitate that, but I can not figure out how to get "default" English subtitles to appear on non-english content while keeping them off when content is in English language.  It seems to be one or the other.

Anyone?
@CastagnaIT ttml2ssa enables Netflix captions to be displayed in the exact location. And enhance the captioning experience.
Can you please integrate to the latest version of Netflix Add-on? Thanks.
https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=364542
(2021-09-23, 13:02)QianyuLi Wrote: @CastagnaIT ttml2ssa enables Netflix captions to be displayed in the exact location. And enhance the captioning experience.
Can you please integrate to the latest version of Netflix Add-on? Thanks.
https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=364542

I've seen that implementation before,
that solution is designed in bad way also because of its difficult implementation nature
this creates a forced behaviour to the correct handling of data interfacing between kodi components
and it is easy that could cause side-effects with add-on settings
so it will never be considered

at present the solution does not lie on that attempt to cheat things
the changes must be made in Kodi core and InputStream Adaptive
this can perhaps be done on Kodi 20
Dev-Maintainer of InputStream Adaptive add-on, Netflix add-on ▫ Skills Python, C#, VB.NET and a bit of C++
Great addon, but i have one question.
After i added a movie to the kodi library and i want to start it
i always have to select the user profile of Netflix.
How can i disable that?

Thanks in advanced.
hi all I was using kodi 2:18.7-1~buster on a raspbian os without any issue, today I upgraded the libwidevine library and i cannot see netflix anymore
the log is as follow:
2021-09-27 23:09:35.756 T:2973177888  NOTICE: VideoPlayer::OpenFile: plugin://plugin.video.netflix/play/show/70143830/season/70078889/episode/70295776/?profile_guid=BD6DY3M525AOBNBF5BY7FZ7GG4
2021-09-27 23:09:35.757 T:2439254224  NOTICE: Creating InputStream
2021-09-27 23:09:36.428 T:2439254224   ERROR: AddOnLog: InputStream Adaptive: Unable to load widevine shared library (/home/fusillator/.kodi/cdm/libwidevinecdm.so)
2021-09-27 23:09:36.428 T:2439254224   ERROR: AddOnLog: InputStream Adaptive: OpenDRMSystem failed
2021-09-27 23:09:36.430 T:2439254224   ERROR: CVideoPlayer::OpenInputStream - error opening [plugin://plugin.video.netflix/play/show/70143830/season/70078889/episode/70295776/?profile_guid=BD6DY3M525AOBNBF5BY7FZ7GG4]
2021-09-27 23:09:36.430 T:2439254224  NOTICE: CVideoPlayer::OnExit()
2021-09-27 23:09:36.457 T:2973177888  NOTICE: CVideoPlayer::CloseFile()
2021-09-27 23:09:36.457 T:2973177888  NOTICE: VideoPlayer: waiting for threads to exit
2021-09-27 23:09:36.457 T:2973177888  NOTICE: VideoPlayer: finished waiting

I tried to use InputStreamHelper to reinstall libwidevine or restore a previous release with the function Restore Widevine CDM library without success..
I also tried to install manually the distro package
libwidevinecdm0 4.10.2252.0-1 armhf        Widevine CDM
and then i copied the library on .kodi/cdm/libwidevinecdm.so
it seems all the installed library are now static, and it seems to be dynamic before..
This summar i had manually copied the library from the package

Start-Date: 2021-08-05  13:02:08
Commandline: apt install libwidevinecdm0
Requested-By: fusillator (1001)
Install: libwidevinecdm0:armhf (4.10.1679.0-1)
End-Date: 2021-08-05  13:02:09

but i also did some test from the backport, no idea where i got the dynamic library..
can you confirm if the problem is the cdm library and where can i get a working version?
thanks
Luca
(2021-09-27, 23:37)fusillator Wrote: hi all I was using kodi 2:18.7-1~buster on a raspbian os without any issue, today I upgraded the libwidevine library and i cannot see netflix anymore
the log is as follow:

You have to upgrade libc6 as well to work with that version of libwidevinecdm.  You need libc6 2.28-10+rpt2+rpi1 or later on Raspberry Pi OS.  In any case, I don't think the OS-version of libwidevinecdm.so is used by Kodi (Kodi uses the one in .kodi/cdm in the home directory of the user running Kodi), but I think if you upgrade libc6 and reboot you should be working again.
(2021-09-28, 00:02)wagnerch42 Wrote:
(2021-09-27, 23:37)fusillator Wrote: hi all I was using kodi 2:18.7-1~buster on a raspbian os without any issue, today I upgraded the libwidevine library and i cannot see netflix anymore
the log is as follow:

You have to upgrade libc6 as well to work with that version of libwidevinecdm.  You need libc6 2.28-10+rpt2+rpi1 or later on Raspberry Pi OS.  In any case, I don't think the OS-version of libwidevinecdm.so is used by Kodi (Kodi uses the one in .kodi/cdm in the home directory of the user running Kodi), but I think if you upgrade libc6 and reboot you should be working again.

hi, you save me a lot of sleeping hours. it's strange no dependency is set. thank you so much, where do you find it was a requisite?
(2021-09-28, 00:21)fusillator Wrote: hi, you save me a lot of sleeping hours. it's strange no dependency is set. thank you so much, where do you find it was a requisite?
It's a bit of a known issue for folks that deal with Widevine on ARM platforms, Google started pushing this newer Widevine in May with the eventual intent to revoke the older versions.  However the revocation didn't start happening until recently, Amazon is one of the major streamers that has revoked the older Widevine versions at the start of September (I don't think Disney+ or Netflix has done it yet).  LibreELEC, CoreELEC, and XBian were pretty early adopters of the patched C libraries to support the newer Widevine.

I think since Amazon revoked the older version, OSMC & Raspberry Pi OS are now offering these patched C libraries which work with Widevine.  You can read more about it at:
https://www.matthuisman.nz/2021/05/widev...roken.html

Matt did a nice job tracking some of the major Kodi-focused OS distributions and their status.  However, other operating systems like Debian, Ubuntu, Fedora, and Arch probably will not pick up these patches, so those users basically have to build their own patched libraries.  It only affects ARM platforms, and one of the key indicators are what you noticed:
1. Widevine fails to load
2. It appears to not be a dynamic executable (this is in particular why you need a patched C library)
Hello, here is strange bug I just noticed today : Squid Games (and some others movies as Stranger Things for example) doesn't play in Kodi, but do play in a browser.
The wheel keeps turning, nothings happens. I can go back to Kodi menu by pressing escape several times, but when I try to quit Kodi nothing happens, I have to force to quit.

Mac OS, Kodi 18.9.
Login via Authentication Key route.

Here's my log. Thanks for your great work !
@bacardicola read here: https://github.com/CastagnaIT/plugin.vid...-a-profile

@badsheep go to expert settings and enable VP9 and DISABLE hevc, otherwise uninstall completely Kodi 18 and install last Kodi 19
Dev-Maintainer of InputStream Adaptive add-on, Netflix add-on ▫ Skills Python, C#, VB.NET and a bit of C++
Hello,

Yes it works !
Thank you !
(2021-09-28, 00:43)wagnerch42 Wrote:
(2021-09-28, 00:21)fusillator Wrote: hi, you save me a lot of sleeping hours. it's strange no dependency is set. thank you so much, where do you find it was a requisite?
It's a bit of a known issue for folks that deal with Widevine on ARM platforms, Google started pushing this newer Widevine in May with the eventual intent to revoke the older versions.  However the revocation didn't start happening until recently, Amazon is one of the major streamers that has revoked the older Widevine versions at the start of September (I don't think Disney+ or Netflix has done it yet).  LibreELEC, CoreELEC, and XBian were pretty early adopters of the patched C libraries to support the newer Widevine.

I think since Amazon revoked the older version, OSMC & Raspberry Pi OS are now offering these patched C libraries which work with Widevine.  You can read more about it at:
https://www.matthuisman.nz/2021/05/widev...roken.html

Matt did a nice job tracking some of the major Kodi-focused OS distributions and their status.  However, other operating systems like Debian, Ubuntu, Fedora, and Arch probably will not pick up these patches, so those users basically have to build their own patched libraries.  It only affects ARM platforms, and one of the key indicators are what you noticed:
1. Widevine fails to load
2. It appears to not be a dynamic executable (this is in particular why you need a patched C library)

Interesting. I confirm Raspbian 10 provides the patched glibc and the new release of libwidevine in the official repository. Not sure why I didn't solve downgrading the library with InputStreamHelper but maybe i had messed up the library manually. Anyway now it works again nonetheless the evil google. Thanks again for your precious help.
Thanks Castagnait, that did it.
  • 190(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Netflix Add-on [input-stream]14