• 197(current)
Release Netflix Add-on [input-stream]
@CastagnaIT are you aware of any issue with Netflix addon and Kodi (master branch)?
I'm using LibreELEC on Rpi4 here and Netflix is crashing Kodi.
The issue seem related to the new python version (3.9.10) but i couldn't find any similar report regarding latest Netflix plugin and Kodi nightlies.
Here"s a bug report (which was closed) with all the details - > https://github.com/LibreELEC/LibreELEC.tv/issues/6266
(2022-02-26, 18:36)Pretoriano80 Wrote: @CastagnaIT are you aware of any issue with Netflix addon and Kodi (master branch)?
The issue seem related to the new python version (3.9.10) but i couldn't find any similar report regarding latest Netflix plugin and Kodi nightlies.
Here"s a bug report (which was closed) with all the details - > https://github.com/LibreELEC/LibreELEC.tv/issues/6266

at least on my Kodi 20 on Android/CoreElec seems to works correctly but i have only netfx installed i do not have others addons
in any case python bugs need to be solved in to python dev channels
application crashes cannot be solved by addon script
Dev-Maintainer of Netflix add-on ▫ Skills Python, C#, VB.NET and a bit of C++
(2022-02-27, 18:04)CastagnaIT Wrote:
(2022-02-26, 18:36)Pretoriano80 Wrote: @CastagnaIT are you aware of any issue with Netflix addon and Kodi (master branch)?

at least on my Kodi 20 on Android/CoreElec seems to works correctly but i have only netfx installed i do not have others addons
in any case python bugs need to be solved in to python dev channels
application crashes cannot be solved by addon script

On my testing rig (LibreELEC 11 + Rpi4) i can reproduce the crash even if only Netflix is installed. This are the steps to reproduce :
1) Open Netflix and navigate into a category
2) Go back and open LibreELEC Settings addon (in your case i guess it's CoreELEC settings addon)
3) Open Netflix again and navigate into a category (it should crash).

Let's hope in will be solved by the python devs,and btw, thanks for the nice Netflix plugin.
As of today, the Netflix Add-on is no longer working. I can get into profiles and select a profile, but clicking anything after that gives the error: "Readtimeout: the read operation has timed out."
Here is my logfile: https://paste.kodi.tv/kajaneniyo.kodi  Please help.
Also, I'm using the latest version of the addon. I tried swapping to the previous two versions to see if that would help. It did not.
I am getting the same error here, running LibreELEC 9.2.8/Leia on a RPi3b+. This add-on is causing Pi processor to run at 180F when Kodi is idling. 1 of the cores constantly running at 100%. Disabled this add-on and rebooted and cores all running normally now.
I’m also running into an error now when I try to play something. Using the plugin on Kodi 18 leia. The message is “InputStream Helper Add-on error: The operation has been cancelled. InputStream Helper has generated an internal error. ‘ascii’ codec can’t decode byte 0xe2 in position 58437: ordinal not in range (128).
(2022-03-11, 08:01)iameternal Wrote: As of today, the Netflix Add-on is no longer working. I can get into profiles and select a profile, but clicking anything after that gives the error: "Readtimeout: the read operation has timed out."
Here is my logfile: https://paste.kodi.tv/kajaneniyo.kodi  Please help.
Later in the day after posting this, everything is working fine. Things are still working fine and I haven't seen that error a single time since posting earlier.
(2022-03-13, 01:40)jgoodwi3232 Wrote: I’m also running into an error now when I try to play something. Using the plugin on Kodi 18 leia. The message is “InputStream Helper Add-on error: The operation has been cancelled. InputStream Helper has generated an internal error. ‘ascii’ codec can’t decode byte 0xe2 in position 58437: ordinal not in range (128).

The same problem here.
I can't also reinstall InputStream Helper.
I setup the add-on and it works good on nvidia shield but I am have trouble with export to library.

Based on my research I need to create a source to point to the correct location where I export but how do I create a source on nvidia shield for exported Netflix movies and tv shows?
Found a solution that works regarding the InputStream error:

https://github.com/emilsvennesson/script...issues/495
Thanks jgoodwi3232

Only I have no clue how to edit that line of code on the libreelec version 9 on a raspberry pi 3.. How would I update that line so it reaches the proper google services again?
Hello,

There is something strange happening : I can't get anymore 5.1 audio streams in the Netflix add-on.
Only stereo streams appear in the audio stream list when I search in it.

The movies in 5.1 on a navigator are in stereo only in Netflix Kodi add-on. ("El Chapo" for example).

Everything was working fine before an update I did several days ago...
Is there a new setup I have to check ? Thanks !

EDIT. My configuration :
KODI 19.3
Mac OS 11.6.5
All the last versions of the addons
And Kodi is configured in 5.1, it works with local movies.
Hello,

Could anybody please just check if he gets 5.1 in Netflix add-on ?
Just to check if it's just a bad setup in my configuration...

Thank you !

OK Problem Solved !! I had to check "Activate Dolby Digital Plus" in the settings of the add-on Smile

Netflix must have removed "simple" Dolby Digital and switched to Dolby Digital Plus for some (or all ?) their movies.
Hello,
I have a problem with Netflix add-on. I've installed it but when I try to launch it, I get the message:
Quote:The add-on encountered the following error:
The background services cannot be started due to this problem:
In your system is missing some required library to run Netflix.
Read how to install the add-on in the GitHub Readme.
Error details: No module named 'Crypto'
I'm running OSMC on Raspberry Pi 4B with 8GB of RAM and I have read that it need more dependencies so I made the following:
Code:
sudo apt-get install python-pip python-crypto build-essential -y
Code:
sudo apt-get install python-all-dev python-setuptools python-wheel -y
Code:
sudo apt-get install python-crypto-dbg python-crypto-doc python-pip-whl -y
Code:
pip install pycryptodomex
Code:
sudo ln -s /usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/Crypto /usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/Cryptodome
Then rebooted the system and still nothing.
My OMSC is of course up to date and I have no idea what to do next.
Any help would be great.
  • 197(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Netflix Add-on [input-stream]14