• 33(current)
Release Netflix Add-on [input-stream]
(2018-12-01, 14:22)mzup Wrote: essam315, I set mine to 50000000 Min Bandwidth and auto but it defaults to 720p. If I choose manual i can select 1080p stream and it plays perfect. Any thoughts on that? I would leave it to manual, but for some reason when i do that the Amazon plugin i use as well locks up.
For me not all the contents in 1080p, first do the steps here:

If for any reason the plugin not choosing 1080p when you select auto anymore, Close Kodi and delete the contents of this folder, restart Kodi and try playing the videos.

C:\Users\Essam\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\userdata\addon_data\inputstream.adaptive

Then try to play the movie "Bright", see if it will be in 1080p or not, you need a good internet speed to get 1080p in auto.
for people that it found video playback broken,either wait for the repo to have an official 0.13.20 update or grab it from the github and disable auto update (as it'll detect it as an older version and "Update" back to .18)

https://github.com/asciidisco/plugin.vid...-443424689

(thanks to 5schatten at the Libreelec.tv forums for pointing this out)
(2018-12-01, 19:37)CaelThunderwing Wrote: for people that it found video playback broken,either wait for the repo to have an official 0.13.20 update or grab it from the github and disable auto update (as it'll detect it as an older version and "Update" back to .18)

https://github.com/asciidisco/plugin.vid...-443424689

(thanks to 5schatten at the Libreelec.tv forums for pointing this out)

Thanks.
KODI 20 - LibreELEC 11

Intel NUC 4250U (Haswell) in Abel H2 chassis, Philips 55OLED804
Has anyone gotten Dolby Vision working with this addon on a 4k Firestick? HDR10 works fine, but if I turn on DV in the advanced settings I get 4k playback (no HDR) with a green tint.

I'd be happy to post logs if you'd find this helpful. Being that there's a Dolby Vision option there was obviously some future intent on getting it working, just not sure if it's a priority as it seems the Firestick 4k is the only consumer device that runs Kodi and can output DV (yes I know about the Apple TV 4k but I doubt many people are using that for Kodi).
(2018-12-01, 14:32)essam315 Wrote:
(2018-12-01, 14:22)mzup Wrote: essam315, I set mine to 50000000 Min Bandwidth and auto but it defaults to 720p. If I choose manual i can select 1080p stream and it plays perfect. Any thoughts on that? I would leave it to manual, but for some reason when i do that the Amazon plugin i use as well locks up.

If for any reason the plugin not choosing 1080p when you select auto anymore, Close Kodi and delete the contents of this folder, restart Kodi and try playing the videos.

Then try to play the movie "Bright", see if it will be in 1080p or not, you need a good internet speed to get 1080p in auto. 
I should have mentioned that I did delete the contents of the folder. But I tried again, and played that movie, still came out as 720p. I have cable internet at 20Meg.
(2018-12-01, 23:47)mzup Wrote:

I should have mentioned that I did delete the contents of the folder. But I tried again, and played that movie, still came out as 720p. I have cable internet at 20Meg.        
Try to increase Min Bandwidth more than 50000000, try 500000000.

or try

By choosing "500000000" in Max. Bandwidth most of the titles will be 1080P by default (or choose a higher value).
Sad 
Its not working on my android can't play any videos. Somebody help please!
(2018-12-02, 11:10)alexprimaid Wrote: Its not working on my android can't play any videos. Somebody help please!
 What is the version number of Netflix plugin you have installed?
=11ptHi there! I have a windows 10 with Kodi 18 on a intel i7 installation and the addon master release from (https://codeload.github.com/asciidisco/p...zip/master).
I can access my Netflix account and browse the contents but when I ask to play my Kodi crashes.
The addon version 0.13.19 just don't play the video by the context problem, I guess.
This version Looks like not having the context problem, but it is crashing the Kodi...

here is my log....  https://paste.kodi.tv/temiqucija

Please tell me if you want the crash dump file for this event.

I really appreciate to have the Netflix addon running on windows 10.

tks
Wink 
@paulsor i’d uninstall the Netflix and inputstream.adaptive add-ons and also uninstall the Netflix repository from within Kodi itself.

Then from windows explorer, I’d delete the windows directory %appdata%\Kodi\cdm and the inputstream.adaptive plugin.video.netflix directories located within %appdata%\Kodi\addons.

Then go to asciidisco’s netflix github page. You should already be on the code tab and viewing the master branch so look down the list of code files where you should see addon.xml file with the comment “version bump 0.13.20”. This, or later is the Netflix version of the addon you want. So from that page, go to the green “clone or download” button on the fight hand side and press it and select “download zip” and save the file to somewhere you’d remember.

Now start Kodi and install inputstream.adaptive addon from the Kodi repository and then install the netflix zip file you downloaded (0.13.20). Then run the Netflix addon where it will ask for (your Netflix) email and password so provide this info. It should log into Netflix and when you navigate to a movie and click to watch it, you will be asked to install widervine so let it do the install.

Now you should be able to watch your films, but maybe as in my case in only in 720p rather than full HD. Better than nothing Cool

Oddly, of recent times, I’ve found updates need to be done via full uninstall and reinstall of the Netflix/inputsream.adaptive & widervine components for it to have a chance at working...

Note that as you’ve installed Netflix via zip file you won’t be able to auto update thos addon but as the addon is still being tweeted, this could be a good thing... At some stage, it will settle down where i will again reinstall the Netflix repository and go back to auto updates. But for now I’d handlie it manually...

{updated} I have just tried todays updated 0.13.21 and it does 1080p so try that version rather than 0.13.20 which seems stuck on 720p Nod
I'm a XBMC novice :)
(2018-12-01, 11:54)FlashOne Wrote: Your workaround is awesome, finally everything seems to be in its right place. Not even needed to manually select resolution from InputStream, all movies and tv shows I randomly tried to play start at 1080p automatically.
I got an high end htpc and a broadband connection but I haven't noticed anything strange in cpu consumption or bandwidth.
You should definitely submit this plugin version on github for further testing, you made a great work!
I posted this in the developers page

https://github.com/asciidisco/plugin.vid...-443483596

and now they modified the official plugin and you can play 1080P videos with it, here is the new official Netflix plugin 0.13.21.

https://github.com/asciidisco/plugin.vid....13.21.zip
I just want to say, thanks so much for this, it works great. Followed the instructions, downloaded the latest version because I had issues with video not starting and it works perfectly.

Thankyou so much to the developers of both Kodi and this addon, now I can stop using the crappy app on my TV.
I just reinstalled v0.13.21 on my windows 7 maching (yet to do windows 10) and the latest netflix addon again shows me 1080p streams without me having to phaff about with manual settings. So thanks to the developers and others for their efforts Big Grin
I'm a XBMC novice :)
(2018-12-01, 23:47)mzup Wrote:

Try this official release, it supports 1080P now.

(2018-12-03, 03:21)essam315 Wrote:
(2018-12-01, 11:54)FlashOne Wrote: Your workaround is awesome, finally everything seems to be in its right place. Not even needed to manually select resolution from InputStream, all movies and tv shows I randomly tried to play start at 1080p automatically.
I got an high end htpc and a broadband connection but I haven't noticed anything strange in cpu consumption or bandwidth.
You should definitely submit this plugin version on github for further testing, you made a great work!
I posted this in the developers page

https://github.com/asciidisco/plugin.vid...-443483596

and now they modified the official plugin and you can play 1080P videos with it, here is the new official Netflix plugin 0.13.21.

I'm (we all are) very glad you did it!
Confirmed: coming from your 0.13.20.1080P version, I just updated directly from Netflix plugin repo and everything went smooth like silk.
Again, many many thanks for all your amazing work!
  • 33(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Netflix Add-on [input-stream]14