• 172(current)
Release Netflix Add-on [input-stream]
I'm able to login with the last update . But max résolution i can choose is 540p . Can you tell me how to have more résolution ?
I've got a Firestick 4K with Kodi 18.8 with the Netflix addon.

I've got a 2016 LG OLED (E6), so I'm using Kodi and Netflix to watch titles in 4K Dolby Vision and Dolby Atmos.

For Dolby Vision, this is because the TV only supports DV at 30Hz and below and the Firestick's Netflix app refuses to show 4K if the refresh rate is below 59.97Hz.
For Dolby Atmos, the TV doesn't pass Atmos from it's internal apps and the Firestick Netflix app doesn't support it either.

With Kodi/Netflix addon I can get Atmos working with no problems.

For 4K Dolby Vision, it almost works perfectly, but for one niggle:

I lock everything into 2160p 24Hz (exact, not 23.976) to watch a Netflix original like, say, Extraction, which is streamed at 24fps exactly.

It seems to play correctly, but when I look at the Firestick's Developer OSD, I can see that there is a frame being dropped every now and again. Nothing major, but it ticks up every 20-40 seconds.

I turned on logging, and noticed a number of entries like this, which seemed to correlate with when the frames were being dropped:

2020-10-22 13:04:14.177 T:11290   DEBUG: CDVDClock::ErrorAdjust - CVideoPlayerAudio::OutputPacket - error:-30579.687393, adjusted:-41666.666667

All of them have the same adjusted value, just with alternating signs, i.e. 41666.666667, then -41666.666667, then 41666.666667 etc.

I know 41666.666667 is equal to exactly one frame at 24fps (1/24 * 1000000 as per the source code), so there's an adjustment being made for one frame back and forth.

Does anyone know why this happens? Can it be fixed?
(2020-10-22, 15:06)High Chaparral Wrote: I've got a Firestick 4K with Kodi 18.8 with the Netflix addon.

I've got a 2016 LG OLED (E6), so I'm using Kodi and Netflix to watch titles in 4K Dolby Vision and Dolby Atmos.

For Dolby Vision, this is because the TV only supports DV at 30Hz and below and the Firestick's Netflix app refuses to show 4K if the refresh rate is below 59.97Hz.
For Dolby Atmos, the TV doesn't pass Atmos from it's internal apps and the Firestick Netflix app doesn't support it either.

With Kodi/Netflix addon I can get Atmos working with no problems.

For 4K Dolby Vision, it almost works perfectly, but for one niggle:

I lock everything into 2160p 24Hz (exact, not 23.976) to watch a Netflix original like, say, Extraction, which is streamed at 24fps exactly.

It seems to play correctly, but when I look at the Firestick's Developer OSD, I can see that there is a frame being dropped every now and again. Nothing major, but it ticks up every 20-40 seconds.

I turned on logging, and noticed a number of entries like this, which seemed to correlate with when the frames were being dropped:

2020-10-22 13:04:14.177 T:11290   DEBUG: CDVDClock::ErrorAdjust - CVideoPlayerAudio::OutputPacket - error:-30579.687393, adjusted:-41666.666667

All of them have the same adjusted value, just with alternating signs, i.e. 41666.666667, then -41666.666667, then 41666.666667 etc.

I know 41666.666667 is equal to exactly one frame at 24fps (1/24 * 1000000 as per the source code), so there's an adjustment being made for one frame back and forth.

Does anyone know why this happens? Can it be fixed?

This is a partially know issue,
but video management not concern this addon
but is a job of Kodi core and InputStream Adaptive addon

It might help if you report this information in detail on this thread,
where we are investigating on this similar problem:
https://github.com/peak3d/inputstream.ad...issues/460
Dev-Maintainer of Netflix add-on ▫ Skills Python, C#, VB.NET and a bit of C++
Thank you! I'll report it over there.
Hi all,

total noob to this add-on and this forum. 
I've created an authentication key and pin... how and where do I install these to my Kodi installtion to activate the NETFLIX add-on?
The instructions on Github were fairly vague on this. 

Thanks Again...
Prometheus_au
(2020-10-25, 09:23)Prometheus_au Wrote: Hi all,

total noob to this add-on and this forum. 
I've created an authentication key and pin... how and where do I install these to my Kodi installtion to activate the NETFLIX add-on?
The instructions on Github were fairly vague on this. 

Thanks Again...
Prometheus_au

It's all good. All worked well. Nutted it out for myself. Great add-on by the way. Superb development.

Prometheus_au
Hi,

Just gave a try to this addon. Work like a charm.
I know that Netflix doesn’t provide season art so it’s not surprising that I can’t see it in Kodi. Is there something to do about it? (when browsing Netflix without integration in my video library)

Thx in advance
All of a sudden the plug-in stopped working on Kodi Leia.

So I upgraded to Kodi Matrix - Build 19.0-ALPHA2 (18.9.702) (Compiled 2020-10-05).

Installed the Netflix Add-on directly from the zip file since the repository zip file said that it couldn't connect to the Repository. The add-on version is 1.10.1+matrix.1.

Now, I do not get 5.1 surround sound - even though Netflix says 5.1 audio (AAC) is available. I used to get surround sound in Kodi Leia. When I click audio settings while the video is playing it only shows stereo streams.

Is there a way to get full surround sound (5.1) on Netflix for Kodi?

My audio settings are as follows:
Audio Output Device - AudioTrack (IEC), Kodi IEC packer
Number of channels: 2.0
Allow Passthrough - enabled
Passthrough Output Device -  AudioTrack (IEC), Kodi IEC packer
DD AC3 Capable Receiver - enabled
Enable DD AC3 transcoding - enabled
DTS capable receiver - enabled

I have a surround test video locally stored and Kodi is playing 5.1 sounds
(2020-10-26, 10:17)vivek_suraiya Wrote: All of a sudden the plug-in stopped working on Kodi Leia.

So I upgraded to Kodi Matrix - Build 19.0-ALPHA2 (18.9.702) (Compiled 2020-10-05).

Installed the Netflix Add-on directly from the zip file since the repository zip file said that it couldn't connect to the Repository. The add-on version is 1.10.1+matrix.1.

Now, I do not get 5.1 surround sound - even though Netflix says 5.1 audio (AAC) is available. I used to get surround sound in Kodi Leia. When I click audio settings while the video is playing it only shows stereo streams.

Is there a way to get full surround sound (5.1) on Netflix for Kodi?

My audio settings are as follows:
Audio Output Device - AudioTrack (IEC), Kodi IEC packer
Number of channels: 2.0
Allow Passthrough - enabled
Passthrough Output Device -  AudioTrack (IEC), Kodi IEC packer
DD AC3 Capable Receiver - enabled
Enable DD AC3 transcoding - enabled
DTS capable receiver - enabled

I have a surround test video locally stored and Kodi is playing 5.1 sounds
Apparently, this was because Kodi 18.9 was already released (but not yet on the Play store). On Kodi 18.9 everything is working!
Hey. It's been about a year since I tried this add-on and everything is working nicely now. 4k HDR with no issues on my shield.

My question is, how are people using the add-on. Is the best way to add items to Kodi library? Thats a bit contrary to how I use Netflix. Browsing for shows then watching. Which is the next question, is there any way to improve the browsing experience? To make it more like Netflix or do I have to use the menus for everything?

Thanks

EDIT: Never mind. I used bingie to set up widgets with netflix content. Looks fantastic, it really would be a super cool way to integrate netflix into kodi for an all in one solution.

But, its just too flaky for everyday use. Playback doesnt start at least half the time, and requires multiple presses clicks and a long time waiting between each try. When it does start it takes 10 or 15 seconds to star a stream unlike instant on the netflix app. I have had several instances where i get stuck on black screen and am forced to force close kodi and start again. It chooses the wrong subs regularly and often loses the resume point.

Its a little like PKC, its so awesome in concept but its not stable and smooth enough to actually use if you want a trouble free experience. I wish the dev could actually get paid for this great work so that it could move up the next level.

Ill check back in another year.
(2020-10-11, 09:41)orenmi Wrote: I was wondering if others have the issue I'm having.
small image lags, maybe half a second, once every few minutes.
Nvidia shield, watching in Atmos+UHD.
It started a few months ago. Is there a new version from the last few months that address that or is it just me?
This is still happening. I may found a way to reduce the lags, @CastagnaIT let me know if it make sense.
I disabled the options to sync watch status with Netflix and also the library sync. I still have lags but seems much less.
Are there other services that reach out to Netflix while watching? just a theory but maybe that what causes the lags. (unless I'm the only one having them)
(2020-10-29, 10:50)orenmi Wrote:
(2020-10-11, 09:41)orenmi Wrote: I was wondering if others have the issue I'm having.
It started a few months ago. Is there a new version from the last few months that address that or is it just me?
This is still happening. I may found a way to reduce the lags, @CastagnaIT let me know if it make sense.
I disabled the options to sync watch status with Netflix and also the library sync. I still have lags but seems much less.
Are there other services that reach out to Netflix while watching? just a theory but maybe that what causes the lags. (unless I'm the only one having them)
there is a known issue with some devices (particularly the Amazon Fire TV 4k) where enabling auto refresh rate switching in kodi leads this stuttering in netflix content.
This shouldn't happen on the shield, but it might be worth to try disabling refresh rate switching in kodi settings.
(2020-10-29, 10:50)orenmi Wrote:

> I disabled the options to sync watch status with Netflix

this might help if you have a low-end device or a slow cpu

> and also the library sync.

this does not affect anything, there is no process running
the process will be activated when the update starts only (scheduled time)
when you set to Disable only disable the context menus in the items of video lists

> Are there other services that reach out to Netflix while watching?

all addons/scripts plugins that manage videos could create threads that are "passively" active
so receive/process information while watching your videos (of other addons) without you being aware
you should try also disable all other enabled addons
Dev-Maintainer of Netflix add-on ▫ Skills Python, C#, VB.NET and a bit of C++
I have no issues with 1080p on firetvstick but on the 2019 cube I cannot get greater than 540p. 

I tried manually inputting the Netflix app ESN but it did not make a difference. Messing with various settings I can get high bitrate 480p which looks nicer but would love to get 1080p again with the addon on this cube.

I was able to run the material terminal and the getprop command but I do not see anyway to export the results off the firetvcube. there are no way to cut and paste or an email application I can find that works to send the output.

If any one has any ideas how I can telnet or maybe run the command from my pc (linux) remotely to get the output for review, please advise. Thank you for your attention to this post.
Out of curiosity, how are reading the data for this plugin? I have been in search of an API that would give me season ID and episode ID for shows based on the show ID for a personal project I would like to make, but my research has so far proven unsuccessful. I've looked at the code for this plugin but I fear it is a bit too advanced for my knowledge. Any guidance would be greatly appreciated.
  • 172(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Netflix Add-on [input-stream]14