• 212(current)
Release Netflix Add-on [input-stream]
Exclamation 
NEW ADD-ON VERSIONS RELEASED (Kodi v18/v19/v20)

For those who did not read my previous post (https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid...pid3120951):
Netflix has introduced early December new changes to its website to keep track of devices using your account,
these changes introduced a new limitation or a website server bug (its not clear at today yet).

The problem is that after about 22 hours the ESN will be downgraded to 540p resolution
In addition, if you set/use in the add-on the official android device ESN, it will be downgraded to 540p for an unknown period of time,

If you have used the device original android ESN and you are stuck at 540p also in your official app,
you can only contact customer support because at the moment there are no known solutions to this problem.

In the new add-on update has been added a workaround that will change ESN every 22h automatically to keep HD resolutions,
this behaviour can be disabled on add-on "Widevine / ESN" expert settings,
where you can also manually Reset the ESN to force change the ESN.

Known side effect on Android:
Every time the ESN will be changed by the add-on workaround, you will be notified by e-mail that a new device has logged in.
I still remind you, dont copy the official device app ESN to the add-on,
otherwise you will also limit the official app to 540p for an unknown period of time.

Weird countries/cities on the account page "Manage access and devices":
I called the service customers and i have explained this anomaly which "Manage access and devices" page reports logins
to foreign countries or countries/cities we have never visited, they replied that they are aware of this website problem and that
we have to ignore the reported countries/cities as it is not reliable information, so this is not a problem related to this add-on.

As of today, this is the situation, so far no better solution has been found for Android devices.
Dev-Maintainer of InputStream Adaptive add-on, Netflix add-on ▫ Skills Python, C#, VB.NET and a bit of C++
@CastagnaIT Hi, thanks a lot for this fix. I installed new version 1.20.3, but compared to the previous test fix version on 1.20.2, I still have one problem, that all my 4K videos are cropped to FHD and I have no idea where the problem is. I have all the settings as they were before this problem when 4K worked for me.
@CastagnaIT Many thanks as always for your continued input, it is very much appreciated by all of this add on users.

I have just one small request for my Windows NUC and that is if you could make the slider on/off switch incorporated in the new entry “Automatically generates new ESNs (workaround for 540p limit)” larger. I find it a bit difficult to see if it is on or off. Obviously this is very minor request.
(2022-12-18, 12:37)Kravatak76 Wrote: @CastagnaIT Hi, thanks a lot for this fix. I installed new version 1.20.3, but compared to the previous test fix version on 1.20.2, I still have one problem, that all my 4K videos are cropped to FHD and I have no idea where the problem is. I have all the settings as they were before this problem when 4K worked for me.

what means "4K cropped to FHD"? im not understand the sense
Dev-Maintainer of InputStream Adaptive add-on, Netflix add-on ▫ Skills Python, C#, VB.NET and a bit of C++
(2022-12-18, 18:17)CastagnaIT Wrote:
(2022-12-18, 12:37)Kravatak76 Wrote: [font][font]@CastagnaIT Ahoj, díky moc za opravu. [/font][font]Nainstaloval jsem novou verzi 1.20.3, ale oproti předchozí testovací opravné verzi 1.20.2 mám stále jeden problém, že všechna moje 4K videa jsou oříznutá na FHD a netuším, kde je problém. [/font][font]Mám všechna nastavení jako před tímto problémem, když mi fungovalo 4K.[/font][/font]

[font][font]co znamená „4K oříznuto na FHD“? [/font][font]nerozumím smyslu[/font][/font]
@CastagnaIT  I have a Google 4K TV that played videos in the Netflix addon in 4K resolution. Now it shows these videos when playing in the video setting cropped to FHD. I have all the settings the same as before. I also don't understand why the videos are cropped...
(2022-12-18, 12:37)Kravatak76 Wrote: @CastagnaIT Hi, thanks a lot for this fix. I installed new version 1.20.3, but compared to the previous test fix version on 1.20.2, I still have one problem, that all my 4K videos are cropped to FHD and I have no idea where the problem is. I have all the settings as they were before this problem when 4K worked for me.

I think that he can only get 1920 x 1080 instead od 3840 x 2160 resolutions, which his box is capable of...
(2022-12-18, 21:35)Sholander Wrote:

I think that he can only get 1920 x 1080 instead od 3840 x 2160 resolutions, which his box is capable of...

exactly like that, in the video stream settings it shows me that the video is cropped - Video stream (Crop 1.12) (hevc, 1920x1080....) I've never seen that before
(2022-12-19, 00:31)Kravatak76 Wrote:
(2022-12-18, 21:35)Sholander Wrote:
(2022-12-18, 18:17)CastagnaIT Wrote: what means "4K cropped to FHD"? im not understand the sense

exactly like that, in the video stream settings it shows me that the video is cropped - Video stream (Crop 1.12) (hevc, 1920x1080....) I've never seen that before

The "(Crop 1.12)" in video stream description is just a "description" of crop ratio,
is added by the addon to the video stream description,
each addon can put whatever it likes in the stream description,
that description is ignored by Kodi, and has no relation with stream resolution

in your example your video stream is in fullhd "(hevc, 1920x1080....)", it is played in full hd and his crop ratio is 1.12

crop value is always existed, only it was not shown before in the description

But Netflix videos are not really cropped, the video stream have black bands embedded in the stream
so that value is used by addon to know/show the current embedded crop ratio, and to allow make work "black band height" addon setting
nothing more
(2022-12-19, 10:11)CastagnaIT Wrote:
(2022-12-19, 00:31)Kravatak76 Wrote:
(2022-12-18, 21:35)Sholander Wrote: I think that he can only get 1920 x 1080 instead od 3840 x 2160 resolutions, which his box is capable of...

The "(Crop 1.12)" in video stream description is just a "description" of crop ratio,
is added by the addon to the video stream description,
each addon can put whatever it likes in the stream description,
that description is ignored by Kodi, and has no relation with stream resolution

in your example your video stream is in fullhd "(hevc, 1920x1080....)", it is played in full hd and his crop ratio is 1.12

crop value is always existed, only it was not shown before in the description

But Netflix videos are not really cropped, the video stream have black bands embedded in the stream
so that value is used by addon to know/show the current embedded crop ratio, and to allow make work "black band height" addon setting
nothing more
I understand, but as I tried to explain and what Sholander repeated is still true, that the Netflix addon does not allow me to play videos in 4K since the last version, and it only plays them in FHD, even though I have all settings for 4K enabled, just like before this version.
(2022-12-18, 11:58)CastagnaIT Wrote: NEW ADD-ON VERSIONS RELEASED (Kodi v18/v19/v20)

As of today, this is the situation, so far no better solution has been found for Android devices.
Thanks, works fine for me on my FS 4K max. Kodi show me 4K DV again.
Official app still retricted to 540p. Sad

The crop feature awesome, I used since the setting exist, and would be nice when add this feature in kodi itself, to all media.
i tried changing all the settings but i can't get 4K from netflix addon anymore Sad I'm out of ideas to find out what the problem is and at this point, I have to go back to the official app :/
(2020-09-06, 04:06)Mika Hawkins Wrote: Hi,
In 2016 Netflix launched this feature of watching videos by downloading them but it has some limitation that is called Netflix download limit. I think many of you are facing this issue because of it. You should use Netflix smart download feature to get out of it.
Hope this helped you....

Regards,
Mika Hawkins
I suggest people to use sites like *BLEEP* and *BLEEP*.
(2022-12-21, 20:24)Witerver Wrote: I suggest people to use sites like ...

We always suggest newcomers to this forum to actually read & understand the forum rules (wiki), so that they won't embarrass themselves by posting links to video piracy solutions / sites.
Also quoting a random post from over two years ago makes you stand out like a sore thumb anyway.

Consider this your first and final warning, so do not try this again. The choice is yours.
(2022-12-21, 19:27)Kravatak76 Wrote: i tried changing all the settings but i can't get 4K from netflix addon anymore Sad I'm out of ideas to find out what the problem is and at this point, I have to go back to the official app :/

if others are able to obtain 4k you could have some wrong settings somewhere
if you did not, read wiki 4k chapter in full:
https://github.com/CastagnaIT/plugin.vid...back-at-4k
maybe you could find something
is this happening to others?
every day, probably after the ESN is updated, even if I just started Kody and want play a netflix title, Kody crashes and only after reopen I can play.
Every day since the last update.
Nvidia Shield.
  • 212(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Netflix Add-on [input-stream]14