• 213(current)
Release Netflix Add-on [input-stream]
(2022-12-27, 13:30)orenmi Wrote: is this happening to others?
every day, probably after the ESN is updated, even if I just started Kody and want play a netflix title, Kody crashes and only after reopen I can play.
Every day since the last update.
Nvidia Shield.

Yes. CastagnaIT has a GitHub PR to fix this, but I don't think it has been released yet. His comment on GitHub is here:
https://github.com/CastagnaIT/plugin.vid...1364509740
There are 3 files affected, so you should just be able to download the updated files and overwrite the existing ones (after backing them up, of course).
(2022-12-22, 10:47)CastagnaIT Wrote:
(2022-12-21, 19:27)Kravatak76 Wrote: i tried changing all the settings but i can't get 4K from netflix addon anymore Sad I'm out of ideas to find out what the problem is and at this point, I have to go back to the official app :/

if others are able to obtain 4k you could have some wrong settings somewhere
if you did not, read wiki 4k chapter in full:
https://github.com/CastagnaIT/plugin.vid...back-at-4k
maybe you could find something
Thank you very much, I tried resetting everything once more according to the instructions and it helped. 4K already works. I really don't know what I forgot or what was different compared to how I had it before, but the important thing is that everything works without problems like before Smile
Hi, i want to add a search shortcut to a custom skin search dialog which provides shortcuts to search-functions of different add-ons like YouTube and Netflix.
I don't use the add-on myself since i got no login-credentials on hand, so i'm a bit in the dark here.

- What's the most sensible url i could use?

I read that "plugin://plugin.video.netflix/directory/search/search/?query=something" is the endpoint, but is there url which results in

a) an opended keyboard dialog to input a search string
or
b) a directory which contains a search button within the add-on itself
?

I'm fine with both. I just need something sensible which brings the user "near" the search or search button of the Netflix add-on.

What happens if i use a shortcut with just 
"plugin://plugin.video.netflix/directory/search/search/" or "plugin://plugin.video.netflix/directory/search/"
?

Thank you! Smile

Screenshot for context "which url to use?" for Netflix:
⬅️⬅️ Feel free to leave a 👍 on useful posts  |  A Confluence ZEITGEIST (A modern reimagination of Confluence)  |  axbmcuser REPO (Download Link)  |  Kodi 17.7 DSPlayer x64 BETTERGUI (2020 build)
@CastagnaIT : Unfortunately one of my Shield netflix app was affected by the  540p reset by netflix  Now I am extremely wary. I had stopped Using kodi app which is a huge inconvenience.
Can I ask if I can or even Should carry on using the kodi netflix App ? With the Temporary fix . Will it  or can it cause reset of the native app ESN ? 
How best to carry on using netflix for kodi app without causing issues with native Netflix app.
I have another  Google Chromecast with Android TV & main HTPC...  If I continue using Netflix Kodi addon on these devices with the daily reset fix... how to prevent Loosing native app resolution / ESN.
I did not manually set the netflix addon ESN settings, It was what it got from the widevine , yet it affected the native app. 
Can you please clarify the confusion ?
(2022-12-30, 16:47)axbmcuser Wrote: Hi, i want to add a search shortcut to a custom skin search dialog which provides shortcuts to search-functions of different add-ons like YouTube and Netflix.
I don't use the add-on myself since i got no login-credentials on hand, so i'm a bit in the dark here.

- What's the most sensible url i could use?

I read that "plugin://plugin.video.netflix/directory/search/search/?query=something" is the endpoint, but is there url which results in

a) an opended keyboard dialog to input a search string
or
b) a directory which contains a search button within the add-on itself
?

I'm fine with both. I just need something sensible which brings the user "near" the search or search button of the Netflix add-on.

What happens if i use a shortcut with just 
"plugin://plugin.video.netflix/directory/search/search/" or "plugin://plugin.video.netflix/directory/search/"
?

Thank you! Smile

Screenshot for context "which url to use?" for Netflix:

This
https://github.com/CastagnaIT/plugin.vid...e-a-search
is the only path to make search for skins / jsonrpc
you have to manage how to make a search by providing the string to append to the path
no dialog is opened by addon so you have to make an appropriate implementation in your component

if you use the standard addon search browser path
"plugin://plugin.video.netflix/directory/search/search/"
so you open the search list "chronology" (with search and delete menu items)

you can also try call
"plugin://plugin.video.netflix/directory/search/search/add/"
to open directly the addon search dialog,

except for the first jsonrpc path, addon browser paths are not designed to works to be called by external components
you can test it and see what happens but i dont provide support
(2022-12-31, 20:46)shaktoo Wrote: @CastagnaIT : Unfortunately one of my Shield netflix app was affected by the  540p reset by netflix  Now I am extremely wary. I had stopped Using kodi app which is a huge inconvenience.
Can I ask if I can or even Should carry on using the kodi netflix App ? With the Temporary fix . Will it  or can it cause reset of the native app ESN ?
How best to carry on using netflix for kodi app without causing issues with native Netflix app.
I have another  Google Chromecast with Android TV & main HTPC...  If I continue using Netflix Kodi addon on these devices with the daily reset fix... how to prevent Loosing native app resolution / ESN.
I did not manually set the netflix addon ESN settings, It was what it got from the widevine , yet it affected the native app.
Can you please clarify the confusion ?

read here: https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid...pid3122241
Dev-Maintainer of Netflix add-on ▫ Skills Python, C#, VB.NET and a bit of C++
Full MSL error when trying to play a video. The video fails to play and kodi prompts me to login to Netflix again. Am using the authentication key method and it has worked fine for month before. In fact, I have been logged in for months too, until this issue arose. Is this a known issue?

Edit: nvidia shield tv is my device. I also have not entered my own ESN ever.
(2023-01-12, 14:10)Archimedes Wrote: In fact, I have been logged in for months too, until this issue arose. Is this a known issue?

Edit: nvidia shield tv is my device.

Same issue, same box (sheild). Only difference is I've been logged in via username and password. Started around 5 or 6 hours ago.

Edit: there's a new issue in git about this.
This sucks now as my official app only works at 540p, and the Kodi add-on won't log in.
I've been having the same problem for a few hours now.
Did your ESN get flagged because you entered your ESN in the Netflix addon settings? I have not entered my ESN ever. I checked the widevine settings and it's set to randomize on a cycle. I also have not checked if my Netflix app can output more than 540p because I don't want to use that app whatsoever.
(2023-01-12, 18:06)Archimedes Wrote: Did your ESN get flagged because you entered your ESN in the Netflix addon settings?

Yes, Sad.... I usually only use the official android app on my sheild as backup.
I am not able to login anymore.. Im getting a invalid password error after trying to login again. In others apps im still able to login so it has something todo with the addon. Any idea?
Take a look at https://github.com/CastagnaIT/plugin.vid...ssues/1537
Hi! I1m not able to play any film, and this message is on the screen: request failed validation during key exchange. I use x96 mate 4K android 10 tv box. Thanks for your help. F.
(2023-01-17, 18:34)fkohalmi Wrote: Hi! I1m not able to play any film, and this message is on the screen: request failed validation during key exchange. I use x96 mate 4K android 10 tv box. Thanks for your help. F.

read wiki: https://github.com/CastagnaIT/plugin.vid...y-exchange
Dev-Maintainer of Netflix add-on ▫ Skills Python, C#, VB.NET and a bit of C++
(2023-01-12, 18:06)Archimedes Wrote: Did your ESN get flagged because you entered your ESN in the Netflix addon settings? I have not entered my ESN ever. I checked the widevine settings and it's set to randomize on a cycle. I also have not checked if my Netflix app can output more than 540p because I don't want to use that app whatsoever.

This Issue of ESN Flagging, Netflix updated their software and servers to stop password sharing, is this a new protocol and security measure they have added at the same time ?
  • 213(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Netflix Add-on [input-stream]14