• 214(current)
Release Netflix Add-on [input-stream]
love the Netflix add-on, very seldom that i have a issue on pc.
massively appreciate the work that goes into it
Thanks very much, it works! I had tó rewrite the ESN.
my kodi was automatically updated to version 20.
Plugin is 1.20.5
now each time I open it and the marker in the library is on a netflix title (show or movie) kodi crashes.
If I start kodi and wait a few minutes on a different screen, I can browse and play a video.
Anyone else having this issue?
Is there a stable Kodi 20 version?
Netflix to block devices that don't log in monthly, more premium perks added
Quote:WTF?! Netflix has warned subscribers of an impending crackdown on password sharing. Simultaneously, Netflix is trying to push more users onto its premium tier. Its newly revealed solution seems surprisingly harsh and could complicate the service for many users.
Yeah, they are on a roll lately.
If there was any content i was interested in i would be bummed :-p
Does the netflix running on kodi have the sign in from web option?
did anyone got 4K back on the native app?
(2023-02-09, 10:15)orenmi Wrote: did anyone got 4K back on the native app?

yes, I logged out and disabled the Netflix app on my Shield for 1 month and now it plays in 4K again
It seems a bug has been introduced when using the Netflix plugin with Kodi 20.

The Kodi subtitle position settings are now ignored for any video played through the plugin. In Kodi 19 the plugin works properly.

Steps to reproduce:
1. Go to the kodi settings and change the subtitle size to something smaller. The subtitles will now be smaller and positioned a bit high up in the video.
2. Change the subtitle position and move them a little lower. Do this when the video is playing. You can also do it in the video calibration screen in the settings, but keep in mind that you need to do it for the refresh rate / resolution you are using.
3. Play videos. Videos played from local storage or streamed through other video plugins will properly show the subtitles in the new position you changed to in the settings, but videos played from the Netflix plugin will still use the default position and ignore the new changed settings.
To keep subtitle settings across all Kodi 20 addons I use these settings:

Set these options in Settings-Player-Subtitles:
Position on screen => Manual
Override subtitle styles => Position
Vertical margine => Set any number that suits you from 1-10. I use 3.85, but that depends on your display, so experiment is needed.
With this value you can set and keep vertical position anywhere on screen.
Hi everyone. I am having issues with Netflix add-on working on Kodi 18.7 running on RPI4 with raspbian. I just tested everything on Windows computer and works, however on my PI4 after a new Kodi it doesn't.
I can open the add-on and login, however as soon as I open a stream it crashes Kodi. 

the only error I can see on log is:

2023-02-13 17:51:16.685 T:2476683568   ERROR: CVideoPlayer::OpenInputStream - error opening [/var/run/lirc/lircd]

Can someone help me?
I just pasted the crash log here:
anariwariy.kodi (paste)

If anyone could help me I would really appreciate it. thank you.
i might point out kodi 18.7 isnt being supported, kodi in general was never supported by team kodi on raspbian (official support is for ubuntu) and unless you compiled it then it was provided by debian to you.

does it work in kodi v20?
(2023-02-13, 20:18)jepsizofye Wrote: i might point out kodi 18.7 isnt being supported and kodi in general was never supported by team kodi on raspbian (official support is for ubuntu).

does it work in kodi v20?
didn't test on Kodi v20, since I can't install it on raspberry via apt install. 
also, on windows I installed the same 18.7 version and it worked. That's why I was trying to find out if this would work on rpi4.
sorry that was rude.

did you try from deb-multimedia?

https://www.deb-multimedia.org/dists/tes...ckage/kodi

oops thats the testing branch, its 19.5 in stable (but still 19.5 > 18.7 and supportable)

https://www.deb-multimedia.org/dists/sta...ckage/kodi
  • 214(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Netflix Add-on [input-stream]14