HDMI audio being disabled when putting machine into sleep mode
Whenever I resume my Ubuntu 17.04 HTPC from sleep mode the (HDMI) audio output is disabled, and I get no audio from the machine at all. In order to re-enable it I need to open the sound settings and click on the HDMI audio device. This is a pain in the neck, particularly as it can't be done using the MCE infrared remote that I use to control it. I have the machine connected to an HDMI input on my Onkyo TX-NR515 receiver.
I primarily run Kodi (17.3) on the HTPC, and have tried configuring Kodi to use both the default audio device and the HDMI audio device, but neither helped. I've also configured Kodi to keep the audio device alive, but that didn't help either.
Does anyone know of a way of fixing this?
Two options:
a) Make sure the Onkyo is always power up first
b) Hard-Code the EDID information of the Onkyo
c) Don't use Suspend / Resume - it's a waste of power anyways.
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
Thanks for the reply. The receiver (and TV) are always powered on when I resume the Ubuntu box. Unfortunately it doesn't seem to help.
Could you please explain what you mean by "Hard-Code the EDID information of the Onkyo" - how would I do that?
Adapt this to your GPU / Software: https://wiki.libreelec.tv/custom_edid
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
Thanks for the suggestion. It turns out that upgrading the kernel (from 4.10 to 4.15) was what I needed to do. So far it's been behaving itself since the upgrade.
Ooops...I spoke too soon. This morning the problem is back. I'll investigate the EDID info....

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
HDMI audio being disabled when putting machine into sleep mode0