Kodi addon dependency blocking download of all other addons?
Fresh install of Kodi on Linux Mint 18.3

Trying to get it set up - but if I install the Backup addon, or the Trakt addon, I can't install any other addons - all installations fail. Also, adding media from my server fails, but works before downloading any addons. I can play videos from the server, I just can't add them or update the library. It's like Kodi's connection to the internet dies if you install one of these addons.

Help?
It would help if you could produce and provide a link to your Debug log (wiki). Start debugging then reproduce your issue (installing add-ons from the official repo) so we can see what's going on.
Always read the Wiki, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Read/follow the forum rules.
Sorry for the delay.

Here's the log: https://justpaste.it/1im9j

As I said - New install of Kodi. Navigate to addons. Install Trakt - Success. Install anything else - Installation failed. It doesn't matter if I start with Trakt or anything else, all addons seem to fail after the first successful addon install I do, which is usually Backup, Global Search, or Trakt.

I reinstalled Kodi on my Android box yesterday and had no issues at all, on the same network. This PC didn't have issues either until I switched from Windows to Linux Mint. Kodi's super fast on Linux, I like it - but it's useless if I can't add any files or addons to it.
Just tried the Nightly - Now downloads don't fail - they just get stuck at 0%.

There must be something wrong with my config, but what am I supposed to do besides sudo apt-get install kodi?
Looks like your system doesn't trust Lets Encrypt certificates.
Make sure you have the ca-certificates package installed and that it's the latest version
A link to a guide or something will be helpful. I'm brand new to Linux. I've managed to find the ca-certificates directory in usr/local/share, but it's empty. Googling "install ca-certificate linux" isn't very helpful. What do I do?
sudo apt-get install ca-certificates
Yeah, I thought so, but:

ca-certificates is already the newest version (20170717~16.04.1).
  The following packages were automatically installed and are no longer required:
  arduino-core avr-libc avrdude binutils-avr gcc-5-base:i386 gcc-avr
  libbsd0:i386 libdrm-amdgpu1:i386 libdrm-intel1:i386 libdrm-nouveau2:i386
  libdrm-radeon1:i386 libdrm2:i386 libedit2:i386 libelf1:i386 libexpat1:i386
  libffi6:i386 libftdi1 libgl1-mesa-dri:i386 libgl1-mesa-glx:i386
  libglapi-mesa:i386 libjna-java libjna-jni libllvm5.0:i386 libpciaccess0:i386
  librxtx-java libsensors4:i386 libstdc++6:i386 libtxc-dxtn-s2tc0:i386
  libx11-6:i386 libx11-xcb1:i386 libxau6:i386 libxcb-dri2-0:i386
  libxcb-dri3-0:i386 libxcb-glx0:i386 libxcb-present0:i386 libxcb-sync1:i386
  libxcb1:i386 libxdamage1:i386 libxdmcp6:i386 libxext6:i386 libxfixes3:i386
  libxinerama1:i386 libxshmfence1:i386 libxxf86vm1:i386
Use 'sudo apt autoremove' to remove them.
0 upgraded, 0 newly installed, 0 to remove and 0 not upgraded.

Still can't download Kodi addons.

Note: I was able to install a bunch of addons - it's just a conflict between particular ones - Trakt and Backup so far are the only two that are preventing other installs/network connection.
Reading around the forums...  https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=315663

Apparently Mint and Kodi don't play well together? Should I grab another distro? I have no affinity for Mint. I do like Cinnamon, but really, I'm good with any GUI with the panel at the bottom. So Ubuntu with KDE or LXDE I guess... Would that help?
Thumbs Down 
This fixed it:

https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=323412

Nearly reinstalled my OS. Good thing I know how to search for stuff since there isn't much help to be had here.
Paid support would reply within the hour. But oh, wait... everything here is done by volunteers free of charge. So don't complain.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Kodi addon dependency blocking download of all other addons?0