Solved When is the Alpha going to be posted?
I read the news article at https://kodi.tv/article/kodi-v18-leia-alpha-1 excitedly, but the link at the bottom of the page to download it, just goes to the normal download page, which has zero reference to the alpha.  I assumed the link was going to get posted a bit later, but still there's nothing.  Is "alpha" just one of the nightlies?
https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=329293

I had to ask the same question.  It seems that the information written in that news post is inaccurate, saying you can find the alpha in a place where you actually can't and no one is going to fix it.

http://mirrors.kodi.tv/snapshots/

You can find all the Alpha snapshots there.
I have sent a request to have it fixed.
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
Are the nightlies not newer than the Alpha?
HOW TO - Kodi 2D - 3D - UHD (4k) HDR Guide Internal & External Players iso menus
DIY HOME THEATER WIND EFFECT

W11 Pro 24H2 MPC-BE\HC madVR KODI 22 GTX960-4GB/RGB 4:4:4/Desktop 60Hz 8bit Video Matched Refresh rates 23,24,50,60Hz 8/10/12bit/Samsung 82" Q90R Denon S720W
Nightlies preceding alpha 2 (at least for windows platform) have been posted since 09 Mar.

scott s.
Thank you for the replies.  I was operating under the assumption that a release tagged "alpha" had a bit more testing than just something tagged "nightly".  As in, the alpha was good enough to give it a solid try out, but things could have completely destabilized on the very next nightly.

I missed your other thread DJ_Izumi.  Thanks for pointing it out.
(2018-03-21, 00:46)jarxon Wrote: Thank you for the replies.  I was operating under the assumption that a release tagged "alpha" had a bit more testing than just something tagged "nightly".  As in, the alpha was good enough to give it a solid try out, but things could have completely destabilized on the very next nightly.

I missed your other thread DJ_Izumi.  Thanks for pointing it out.
 Don't worry, I wasn't trying to point out to you that you missed it.  I was hoping someone who maintains the website would instead notice since they didn't notice my own thread. :/
Don't feel bad, my request has been ignored also Wink
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
All you guys don't need to feel bad; i get ignored all the time Wink
I suppose if you were a donor, we might listen to you @Atreyu Rofl
My Signature
:-)

Actually i meant the only place people listen to me is this forum :-p
The download pages have been updated to show the Pre-Release tabs.

All fixed.
My Signature
Thread marked solved.
My Signature

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
When is the Alpha going to be posted?0