Start on second display?
Since my Xbox broke last week I use MediaPortal which starts and runs on my second display (a HDTV connected via component output of my 8800GTS). Is there a way to tell XBMC to start on the HDTV and not on the primary display?
kamor Wrote:Since my Xbox broke last week I use MediaPortal which starts and runs on my second display (a HDTV connected via component output of my 8800GTS). Is there a way to tell XBMC to start on the HDTV and not on the primary display?

I'm looking into doing the same thing myself. I have an LCD touchscreen on my HTPC case that I'd like to run XBMC on. When running XBMC in windows mode I can drag the window over to the second display and it works fine. But as far as forcing it to open/run on the second display every time it's run, I'm not sure. You might look into your video card drivers/configuration. I see you have an 8800GTS. I remember the Nvidia Control Panel had lots of options for a secondary display. If I remember correctly, I could even specify a particular display to run specific applications on. But I also think those only worked in XP, removed from Vista. You didn't state what version of Windows you were using.

Anyways, just some ideas. Keep me posted on your progress. I'm working out some other issues before I focus on the display.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Start on second display?0