Win Watching twitch past broadcast is suddenly not working
Sad 
Hi,

For a long time I have been happily using the kodi twitch addon on Windows 10. As of late last week, I can no longer watch twitch past broadcasts, although behaviour is not entirely consistent.

For example, today I started watching a "past broadcast" and it worked for say 5 minutes, then the stream buffered, with the round progress bar taking a few seconds to fill up. Then playback started again, and then started playing in stop-start mode with no sound.

Stopping the stream and restarting it gives me a few seconds of normal playback, then "stop-start" mode again. Finally, I tried to start a stream and I got a 0 progress indicator and the stream actually failed to start, returning me back to the playlist.

It "looks" like the stream is network starved, but the bandwidth utilization of our router is showing under 10mbps.

The smoking gun from last week was that windows updates installed themselves, but I cannot be sure this is the culprit.

To try and resolve things I have:
  • installed latest NVIDIA drivers
  • re-installed Kodi from the Microsoft store
  • rebooted numerous times
The system is upgraded older hardware, using a 1050ti graphics card. The stream format is h264 1080p 60hz, video settings show DXVA is in use, which is required on this weak CPU system. Our network setup is 100mbps fibre.

Anyone else having similar playback issues appear recently? How does one fix/troubleshoot this?

Thanks!

P.S. I have now seen the same behaviour on my Ryzen 5 1600 desktop, perhaps this is ISP related?
Kodi log of the issue on my Ryzen 5 1600 desktop.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1DPhkAK...s5s4-vqGQw
Well, I called up my ISP and had a chat. They had a little look and said everything should be fine.

And lo and behold it is... All is well again. The bandwidth utilization when streaming is probably about double what it was when playback was ruined.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Watching twitch past broadcast is suddenly not working0