Solved icons for home movies
I am a noobie and i cant seem to figure out how to add a thumbnail/ icon for my folder . I did my library by using the scraper but need help with my home movies. Tried putting a photo in the folder to see if i can change in setting/info.  read that maybe i need to make a NFO. file but have no clue how to do that so thanks in advance ...Kevin
Hello kev_7680

(2018-03-20, 21:04)kev_7680 Wrote: I am a noobie and i cant seem to figure out how to add a thumbnail/ icon for my folder

I am not quite sure what you are trying to do. Where do you want the image to appear? Are you referring to the folder when you go to Videos men item and you can see our Source folders?

Maybe this can help... https://kodi.wiki/view/Movie_artwork#Sou...er_Artwork
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
Ok I imported my library of my ripped movies and all my home videos. When it scraped for meta data all my movies have icons with the covers of all the movies but the home videos. So when I go to my library you see the name home videos but a folder instead of a thumbnail. I guess I’m asking how do you use a image if folder has no mete data . I want to add a picture of my family as thumbnail so it looks like a movie cover
(2018-03-21, 04:04)kev_7680 Wrote: How do you use a image if folder has no mete data
This is the wiki page for Movie Artwork... https://kodi.wiki/view/Movie_artwork

Lets assume you have a home movie. It is saved in a movie folder named "John's Wedding". Inside that folder is the video file. Now save an image in there and name it poster.jpg. Make sure the image is the correct dimensions or it will look weird. Read the link above for details.

If you want to have metadata for your home movies, easily done with NFO Files. Click the link in My Signature below. ▼▼
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
Putting the image in then re naming it to poster.jpg worked. Thank you very much...
Thread marked solved.
My Signature
I should have also mentioned that you can do the same with fanart.jpg. This image is the background image.
My Signature

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
icons for home movies0