v18 xbmcplugin.SetResolvedUrl set to False
Ticket: https://trac.kodi.tv/ticket/17820#ticket

New to Kodi Leia, I think maybe it's a bug. When my add-on returns 
python:
xbmcplugin.setResolvedUrl(int(sys.argv[1]), False, listitem)
the dialog "One or more items failed to play" is now displayed. I return False but it seems to still proceed to try to play.
Quote:00:18:30.564 T:15900  NOTICE: VideoPlayer::OpenFile:
00:18:30.565 T:15400  NOTICE: Creating InputStream
00:18:30.566 T:15400   ERROR: perror:
00:18:30.566 T:15400   ERROR: Error on dvdnav_open
00:18:30.566 T:15400   ERROR: CVideoPlayer::OpenInputStream - error opening
00:18:30.566 T:15400  NOTICE: CVideoPlayer::OnExit()
00:18:30.570 T:7384  NOTICE: EMBY.default -> plugin.video.emby stopped

Is this the wanted behavior or a bug? I would like to be able to quietly fail if the user backs out of the add-on's selection menu before playback.
@FernetMenta 

Just tagged you in to make sure you see this. If you want to point me in the right direction, I can maybe try to fix this myself and do a pull request. Thank you!
VideoPlayer does not even know that this method exists. It tries to open an InputStream, which fails. Looks like expected  behaviour to me.
(2018-03-21, 07:15)angelblue05 Wrote: Is this the wanted behavior or a bug? I would like to be able to quietly fail if the user backs out of the add-on's selection menu before playback. 
If player was started and you don't want it to continue, you should stop it by sending stop command.
Thank you for your reply! So I guess it doesn't relate to video playback after all. It's xbmcplugin.setResolvedUrl that's been broken then.

xbmcplugin.setResolvedUrl set to False was to prevent playback from happening in the first place. At least that's always been the behavior until Leia.
I can't send a stop command after the fact, playback does not actually starts since the listitem is empty, hence the dialog displaying.

Thanks, I guess @ronie 

Is this something you've experienced? It seems setting setResolvedUrl to False no longer works.
@angelblue05 there was also an issue with VP I just fixed: https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/pull/13699
It signalled error despite it was stopped. Maybe that fixes this issue tool
@FernetMenta

Thanks, I will pull your changes and build Kodi to test. I'll let you know if it does resolve my issue.
@FernetMenta 
I don't see the dialog anymore, which is good...or bad? But it still seems to proceed ahead with attempting playback. So my issue is partly resolved?
Quote:21:54:33.313 T:7804  NOTICE: EMBY.playbackutils -> User exited without a selection.
21:54:33.329 T:7804  NOTICE: EMBY.default -> plugin.video.emby stopped
21:54:33.334 T:10188  NOTICE: VideoPlayer::OpenFile:
21:54:33.335 T:8732  NOTICE: Creating InputStream
21:54:33.337 T:8732   ERROR: perror:
21:54:33.337 T:8732   ERROR: Error on dvdnav_open
21:54:33.337 T:8732   ERROR: CVideoPlayer::OpenInputStream - error opening []
21:54:33.337 T:8732  NOTICE: CVideoPlayer::OnExit()
Unfortunately my change just hides the other issue. In a correct sequence the log should show:CVideoPlayer::CloseFile()

If playback is explicitly aborted by CloseFile, no error is shown.
Thank you for all your work @FernetMenta 

I've been troubleshooting on my side, re-compiling Kodi. Here is the scenario, the strm file is called, which contains the plugin path inside. In this scenario, I see that between the add-on returning False to setResolvedUrl and then getting the plugin results, the success value becomes True. I'm trying to find why it's doing that. If you have any ideas where I should dig. Right now I'm looking around in PluginDirectory.cpp

I have a feeling that it's caused due to having the plugin path wrapped in a strm file. It seem to reset the success value somewhere. Maybe it's not even a new behavior, but always been this way...

Hopefully I'll figure it out and be able to do a pull request Smile
Did you solve this problem?

still kodi playlist player continues to pop up error...

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
xbmcplugin.SetResolvedUrl set to False0