• 75(current)
Release IPTV Recorder
Primaeval
thanks so much, just got into the world of IPTV this week and found this.  I have everything working fine, just had a question.  I'm using Aura skin on my FireTV boxes and FireTV sticks (because Aura runs very light yet you can customize).  I wanted to add the lines to edit the DialogPVRInfo.xml and noticed that the aura skin doesn't have an XML folder.  I did find the DialogPvr file in /Android/data/org.xbmc.kodi/files/.kodi/addons/skin.aura/1080i folder.  I tried adding the modified lines but it wasn't changed.  Any suggestions?  fyi, none are rooted if that helps
Thanks
Hi I think it´s a beginner question. But I try to install IPTV Recorder on my coreelec system. I cant find the way to my ffmpeg path. I think it is: /storage/.kodi/addons/tools.ffmpeg-tools/bin/ffmpeg
But I cannot find the .kodi subfolder under /storage. How can I enter my ffmpeg path?

Greetings Elluminatus
There's a setting in settings menu to enable viewing hidden files/folders. The .kodi folder is a hidden one (the dot at the start of its name hides it).

I think you may need to have advanced or expert level enabled for it to be visible (set that in the lower left hand corner of the menus).

Exactly where it is may depend a bit on the skin being used, but it's something like Settings - Media - General - Show hidden files and directories or settings->Library settings->General->Show hidden files and directories (I don't have a Kodi install to hand to look it up in detail).
|Banned add-ons (wiki)|Forum rules (wiki)|VPN policy (wiki)|First time user (wiki)|FAQs (wiki) Troubleshooting (wiki)|Add-ons (wiki)|Free content (wiki)|Debug Log (wiki)|

Kodi Blog Posts
Another question that even might not belong inhere, but it's related I guess:

Alle working well, recording and even go to record page from TV-guide directly (Simple iptv client) with the added button.
Question is how I can see those files and start a manually record of a channel from Yatse which is installed on my android phone. Because I don't see any setting in Yatse app related to this I guess it's sending a regular 'record' command from the Yatse app to Kodi, but it seems this is not picked up by IPTVRrecorder.
Is there anything I can do to accomplish this and/or change recording folder to a place where Yatse will recognise and scan it?
[font]On my pc it works great, thanks! I have a question, it is possible to do it on xbox one? I dont have idea what about ffmpeg.[/font]
Is it possible to utilize this addon right from the iptv simple client pvr guide? It would be nice to be able to record from the guide, and have it use your addon. What if im using embuary skin (found in kodi repo)?

Thanks for the help!
Hi,

Thanks for your great work.

I am having a couple small issues.

When I first got up and running I could schedule record a show (daily, weekly...etc)

I then added a external HD to my Vero 4k+ and changed the recording directory to the USB HD. It records there fine, as long as I do it from the Simple IPTV guide (context menu > schedule IPTV recorder).

If I try to schedule a reoccurring event, the rule gets made, but no job is created. Where before I added the HD this was working. Does that make any sense?

As well I saw another user having a problem with 'watch and record' getting shifted 4 hours. I am having the same issue, I didnt find if it had been resolved.

Thanks again!
Hello everyone--

I am very new to this but I was able to get both IPTV Simple Client and IPTV Recorder to work really well on my Shield.  The only issue I have is that I fill up the memory on the Shield after about 4 programs.  I would love to be able to record onto an external drive but I can't get write permissions and it gives me an error when I try to set the record location to the external drive from within IPTV Recorder settings.

Does anyone have a step by step guide to let me know how I do this?  I haven't been able to find it anywhere.  

Thanks!
(2019-08-13, 15:52)spudhub Wrote: Hello everyone--

I am very new to this but I was able to get both IPTV Simple Client and IPTV Recorder to work really well on my Shield.  The only issue I have is that I fill up the memory on the Shield after about 4 programs.  I would love to be able to record onto an external drive but I can't get write permissions and it gives me an error when I try to set the record location to the external drive from within IPTV Recorder settings.

Does anyone have a step by step guide to let me know how I do this?  I haven't been able to find it anywhere.  

Thanks!
I found the answer to my own question.  You have to set up the external drive so that the Shield views it as part of its internal system...

https://shield.nvidia.com/blog/shield-tips-tricks
I'm trying to get the plugin to work but I'm unable to get any recordings.

I made sure I double-checked everything. ffmpeg installed etc. 

When I schedule a recording, I get the alert about the schedule. Then if I go under the addon and check the jobs, it shows it there.

but when the recording is done. I check the recordings directory and nothing is there. There is a json file there but nothing else.

I checked my kodi log and I did see this. Not sure if this is related or not

Request for /record_epg
"Scheduling record for blah blah blah
[xbmcswift2] No converter provided, unicode should be used, but returning str value

Any ideas?
(2019-09-01, 23:52)jarlaxx Wrote: I'm trying to get the plugin to work but I'm unable to get any recordings.

I made sure I double-checked everything. ffmpeg installed etc. 

When I schedule a recording, I get the alert about the schedule. Then if I go under the addon and check the jobs, it shows it there.

but when the recording is done. I check the recordings directory and nothing is there. There is a json file there but nothing else.

I checked my kodi log and I did see this. Not sure if this is related or not

Request for /record_epg
"Scheduling record for blah blah blah[xbmcswift2] No converter provided, unicode should be used, but returning str value

Any ideas?
I uninstalled and re-installed kodi and it seems to be working now. Possible other repos caused an issue
Why the IPTV RECORDER doesn't play the recording?
And I set it up properly the FFmpeg software.
Thanks in advance.
(2019-09-05, 08:31)ramia Wrote: Why the IPTV RECORDER doesn't play the recording?
Thanks in advance.

Without a full debug log you're probably not going to get your answer.
(2019-09-05, 11:16)Arber Wrote:
(2019-09-05, 08:31)ramia Wrote: Why the IPTV RECORDER doesn't play the recording?
Thanks in advance.

Without a full debug log you're probably not going to get your answer.  
Can I talk to you in a personal message?
please?
(2018-05-29, 12:20)dzejms Wrote: Thanks for the update:

I'm getting:

Code:
SyntaxError: ("Non-ASCII character '\\xc5' in file /Users/tbrek/Library/Application Support/Kodi/userdata/addon_data/plugin.video.iptv.recorder/jobs/a2ede340-6329-11e8-be66-6003088e8bb2.py on line 3, but no encoding declared; see http://python.org/dev/peps/pep-0263/ for details", ('/Users/tbrek/Library/Application Support/Kodi/userdata/addon_data/plugin.video.iptv.recorder/jobs/a2ede340-6329-11e8-be66-6003088e8bb2.py', 3, 0, None))

When trying to record programme titled: Żółwik Sammy i Spółka. I guess it's complaining about non-ascii characters.

When I've used Title Regex replace [^u0000-u007f]+ it strips the non-ascii and records ok.

Hi,

I have got exactly the same issue, tried to use proposed regex as per above, but in my case still doesn't work.
Any help would be much appreciated
  • 75(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
IPTV Recorder4