• 77(current)
Release IPTV Recorder
(2019-06-14, 20:05)jhr1948 Wrote: Primaeval
thanks so much, just got into the world of IPTV this week and found this.  I have everything working fine, just had a question.  I'm using Aura skin on my FireTV boxes and FireTV sticks (because Aura runs very light yet you can customize).  I wanted to add the lines to edit the DialogPVRInfo.xml and noticed that the aura skin doesn't have an XML folder.  I did find the DialogPvr file in /Android/data/org.xbmc.kodi/files/.kodi/addons/skin.aura/1080i folder.  I tried adding the modified lines but it wasn't changed.  Any suggestions?  fyi, none are rooted if that helps
Thanks

i'm on windows, but same question. i've been looking at the code for the last hour and i can't understand what to do in aura. 1080i is the right folder, but we need some help with the code. pasting the one for estuary just won't work, aura's code is different.
Hello !

When I try to record a channel trought IPTV Recorder 0.0.131, everything is ok except that I've got this message "Add-on error" witch ask me to check the log :

https://paste.kodi.tv/nosulenida.kodi

Of course, I wait the end of the EPG updates in IPTV Recorder before programming a record.
[i]I installed PVR IPTV Simple Client nightik v 3.8.6 and the skin is "Estuary (IPTV Recorder)".[/i]

FFMPEG :
File name source : ffmpeg - prebuilt-binaries.zip I renamed  "ffmeg.zip" in "My download" directory (android tv box)
I'm not sure ffmepg is correctly installed : I can only see "ffmpeg.py" and "ffmpeg.pyo" located in org.xmbc.kodi/files/.kodi/addons/script.module.youtube.dl/lib/youtube_dl/postprocessor/(the 2 files)

Uninstalled : primaeval's beta dev repository v 0.0.2.

I will appreciate your help.
(2019-10-13, 16:45)conFigureThat Wrote: Hi there

When I try to record a program trought the TV program grid, I have this message "IPTV Recorder > Error parsing dates".

Kodi : v18

PVR IPTV Simple Client : 3.8.4 by nightik.
- Local m3u file (not on the internet, on the Android TV Box).

IPTV Recorder : v 0.0.131 by Primaeval  Smile , Chychy

A/ Display :
- Show create Estuary (IPTV  Recorder skin) : activated

B/ Job and Rules : 
- pipe ffmpeg output ... : activated
- ffmpeg : ffmpeg-4.2.1.tar.bz2 (do I realy need it ?)

C/ Data : 
- External xmltv 1 : IPTV Simple Client
- External m3u 1 : IPTV Simple Client

Regional : 
- Regional default format : France
- Short date format : Régional (13/10/2019)
- Long date format : Régional (Dimanche 13 octobre 2019)
- Time format : Régional (H:mmConfuseds)
- Use 12/24 hour format : 24 hours

Thank you for your help
CFT
I think I found the solution : 
Kodi Settings > Interface > Region. Replace "Regional" (H:mmConfuseds) by HH:mmConfuseds.
Does anyone use this plugin and actually use the "Windows Scheduler" option with any success? I have seen that Primeval has said that he doesn't know if that works or not in previous replies to this thread. Would like to get some confirmation so that I can rule out the recorder or my PC.

Thanks,
Mark
@primaeval I saw on your Git that there was issues when the URLs are in the plugin:// format. Is that still an issue? The PSVue addon saves the m3u with plugin:// URLs since Kodiv18 to eliminate the need for a localhost server. IPTV recorder is creating the json file and .ts file but its not recording any data so the video file is empty.
(2019-08-15, 19:13)spudhub Wrote:
(2019-08-13, 15:52)spudhub Wrote: Hello everyone--

I am very new to this but I was able to get both IPTV Simple Client and IPTV Recorder to work really well on my Shield.  The only issue I have is that I fill up the memory on the Shield after about 4 programs.  I would love to be able to record onto an external drive but I can't get write permissions and it gives me an error when I try to set the record location to the external drive from within IPTV Recorder settings.

Does anyone have a step by step guide to let me know how I do this?  I haven't been able to find it anywhere.  

Thanks!
I found the answer to my own question.  You have to set up the external drive so that the Shield views it as part of its internal system...

https://shield.nvidia.com/blog/shield-tips-tricks  
I delighted to see someone who must have  figured out how to get ffmpeg working on a Shield, since you were able to make recordings.  I'm like several people posting recently who have been stuck on this step. The links at the start of this thread lead me to a ffmpeg-prebuilt-binaries.zip repository containing an ffmpeg binary build for ARMv7 (in the armabi-v7a subdirectory). Thanks to backwards compatibility, that should be fine for the ARMv8 (ARM Cortex-A57) CPU used in the 2019 Shield Pro.

So, I have the correct binary on my Shield and selected in IPTV Recorder's settings - no error or warning message when I do so. But when I select a record option when viewing a channel, I get the "ffmpeg exe not found!" error message others have reported. I've tried replacing the binary by re-entering it using a different filename (e.g. ffmpeg.7a) - still no error, until I try to record.  (There is no Delete ffmpeg option under Maintenance,  by the way, just Jobs and Rules).

Since I'm not alone with this problem, I'm hoping the poster above, who got it working, can provide a "which ffmeg, from where, how?" clue for other Shield users. I'll also gladly accept clues from anyone else Smile

NB: the various Droid Hardware-detect applications won't install on the Shield, sadly, but the CPU info above seems to be correct from all the sources I've canvassed.
(2019-12-13, 06:44)PeterWeb Wrote:
(2019-08-15, 19:13)spudhub Wrote:
(2019-08-13, 15:52)spudhub Wrote: Hello everyone--

I am very new to this but I was able to get both IPTV Simple Client and IPTV Recorder to work really well on my Shield.  The only issue I have is that I fill up the memory on the Shield after about 4 programs.  I would love to be able to record onto an external drive but I can't get write permissions and it gives me an error when I try to set the record location to the external drive from within IPTV Recorder settings.

Does anyone have a step by step guide to let me know how I do this?  I haven't been able to find it anywhere.  

Thanks!
I found the answer to my own question.  You have to set up the external drive so that the Shield views it as part of its internal system...

https://shield.nvidia.com/blog/shield-tips-tricks   
I delighted to see someone who must have  figured out how to get ffmpeg working on a Shield, since you were able to make recordings.  I'm like several people posting recently who have been stuck on this step. The links at the start of this thread lead me to a ffmpeg-prebuilt-binaries.zip repository containing an ffmpeg binary build for ARMv7 (in the armabi-v7a subdirectory). Thanks to backwards compatibility, that should be fine for the ARMv8 (ARM Cortex-A57) CPU used in the 2019 Shield Pro.

So, I have the correct binary on my Shield and selected in IPTV Recorder's settings - no error or warning message when I do so. But when I select a record option when viewing a channel, I get the "ffmpeg exe not found!" error message others have reported. I've tried replacing the binary by re-entering it using a different filename (e.g. ffmpeg.7a) - still no error, until I try to record.  (There is no Delete ffmpeg option under Maintenance,  by the way, just Jobs and Rules).

Since I'm not alone with this problem, I'm hoping the poster above, who got it working, can provide a "which ffmeg, from where, how?" clue for other Shield users. I'll also gladly accept clues from anyone else Smile

NB: the various Droid Hardware-detect applications won't install on the Shield, sadly, but the CPU info above seems to be correct from all the sources I've canvassed. 
Update in case it helps others:

My problem was twofold.

First was the external SSD formatted for internal use. Although I did this step as soon as I got my Shield, the Kodi I installed after that still didn't handle it ok. So I used the Storage menu option to convert back to the internal storage, reinstalled Kodi (as it was missing at that point, though its data was retained) reformatted the SSD as external, set things up and then ffmpeg setting was then ok, recording to the Kodi subdirectory on the SSD without issues.

Except that (the second issue) I also needed to adopt the arm64 build of ffmpeg available from https://github.com/Khang-NT/ffmpeg-binar...d/releases  - the armeabi-v7a version I'd started with from the first repository in primeval's links was exiting immediately without recording anything.

Still checking some details (are all recordings complete? Do I really need to keep Kodi running and the Shield awake all the time?? Is ComSkip somehow workableHuh) - but the basic process is working.

Thank you for making and supporting IPTV Recorder!
(2019-12-17, 07:29)PeterWeb Wrote:
(2019-12-13, 06:44)PeterWeb Wrote: There is no Delete ffmpeg option under Maintenance,  by the way, just Jobs and Rules).
@PeterWeb : Hi. I discovered that if you want to display "Delete ffmpeg" item in the menu, you need to activate "Debugging Menu Items" in the "Debug" settings menu of IPTV Recorder. Beware : it says that if you activate it "This will prevent recording. Only use it for debugging.

I've the same problem than you with my Mibox S when I wan't to execute ffmpeg.exe file.
I'm still searching for a solution.
@primaeval

Droid Hardware info says that Mi Box S is : 
- Architecture du CPU: ARMv7-A
- Sets d'instructions : armeabi-v7a, armeabi
- Architecture du noyau: armv8l

So do I have to download "armv7-a-full.tar.bz2" ? that's right ?

The bz2 file contains only a "ffmpeg" object.
This object contains 28 files but no *.exe file so it is useless to unzip ffmpeg object that's right ?
(2019-12-19, 21:33)conFigureThat Wrote: The bz2 file contains only a "ffmpeg" object.
This object contains 28 files but no *.exe file so it is useless to unzip ffmpeg object that's right ?
Fwiw, the filename does not have an extension for the Android binary. So that ffmpeg is probably right - it won't hurt to try it.
Hi @primaeval,
First of all a huge thank you for this addon which offers something that I've been looking for for years.
LibreELEC user here, and my question relates to the locale related errors that you were assisting another user with earlier. It seems I am also unable to schedule a recording from the epg, although other recording types (i.e. The 4 from the pvrchannels menu) seem to work fine. This issue has only started since I have upgraded to LibreELEC 9.2.0 on Kodi Leia 18.5. Previous LE 8.2.5/Kodi Krypton 17.6 worked fine.

I have a log here: https://paste.kodi.tv/urizuqutaj
Hopefully that doesnt get me into trouble. As you can see the error is:
Quote:ERROR: EXCEPTION Thrown (PythonToCppException) : -->Python callback/script returned the following error<--
- NOTE: IGNORING THIS CAN LEAD TO MEMORY LEAKS!
Error Type: <class 'locale.Error'>
Error Contents: unsupported locale setting
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "/storage/.kodi/addons/plugin.video.iptv.recorder/contextEPG.py", line 54, in <module>
usedLocale = locale.setlocale(locale.LC_TIME, "")
File "/usr/lib/python2.7/locale.py", line 581, in setlocale
Error: unsupported locale setting
-->End of Python script error report<--

I tried to follow the instructions you gave to the other user RE. adding something at line 44 of certain file but couldn't figure it out. Please can you explain to a simpleton like me what I am doing wrong here? My locale settings as per kodi UI are as per the pics I have taken: http://dodgypi.xyz/pics/

I've tried to be as thorough as possible here but please let me know if there's any further info you need?

Thanks in advance for the help!
Can this add-on also been used to pause live iptv?
(2019-12-28, 17:53)powermarcel10 Wrote: Can this add-on also been used to pause live iptv?

Yes it can as long as you have your channels imported into pvr you can then go PVR Channels menu > Context Menu > IPTV recorder > Record and play. It will then prompt you for how many hours you want to record, and once current channel starts to record you can pause / play as you wish.
Hi, I'm new to kodi and IPTV, coming from WMC.  I've installed kodi18.2 on windows8.1, and configured simple iptv pvr and I can watch channels no problem.  I have a EPG that works, although the provider doesn't include any program information.
Looking to get some time-shifting (or a least a pause button) so I installed your recorder addon and ffmpeg.  I can record programs, but there's still no pause button when watching live iptv.
Also the "record and play" function just hangs for a couple of seconds, then drops me in the video folder.
The "watch once" function (is that meant to do the same as record and play?) starts recording in the background but otherwise doesn't seem to do anything.

What should I be looking at to fix this?  Do you need some sort of log to troubleshoot?

thanks for your work on this,
matt.
(2019-12-29, 06:08)Matt Sculley Wrote: Hi, I'm new to kodi and IPTV, coming from WMC.  I've installed kodi18.2 on windows8.1, and configured simple iptv pvr and I can watch channels no problem.  I have a EPG that works, although the provider doesn't include any program information.
Looking to get some time-shifting (or a least a pause button) so I installed your recorder addon and ffmpeg.  I can record programs, but there's still no pause button when watching live iptv.
Also the "record and play" function just hangs for a couple of seconds, then drops me in the video folder.
The "watch once" function (is that meant to do the same as record and play?) starts recording in the background but otherwise doesn't seem to do anything.

What should I be looking at to fix this?  Do you need some sort of log to troubleshoot?

thanks for your work on this,
matt.

Record and play should be what you are looking for. For me, it stops the playing channel and then starts recording it and once the record file has a bit built up (i.e after a few seconds) , it starts to play that, with the play pause buttons visible. Sounds like yours either isnt recording or isnt playing. When you try record and play do you get a prompt for how many hours to record for? And do you see anything appear in your recordings folder when you kick it off?

Watch once is just supposed to play the program i believe, not record it. Could be wrong on that.

Another thing to consider is if you have enough allowed connections from your provider, as if there isn't 2 available at the time you try to record and play it could cause issues with the record. I had this with a provider that only gave 1 connection.

Always best to send a log anyway. Look up kodi log file uploader addon. Hope that helps.
  • 77(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
IPTV Recorder4