Kodi UI rendering issues with AMD Ryzen 3 2200G APU
(2018-03-23, 18:52)Klojum Wrote: Please go wash your mouth Oo
LibreELEC should work now with 'most' AMD gpu's, we are trying to see how Ryzen performs (if at all).

This was played on a A4-5300 (HD7480) apu, using Milhouse build #321:
... i'll test with ryzen. (lols)

Com'on, Milhouse use Kernel 4.14.29 on Build #321 - so Ryzen Vega support is not included..
@skybird1980  It worked! Using real fullscreen did fix my issues! Thank you for the tip.

@Klojum I meant to mount the USB inside the VM to prepare it with the updated kernel.
(2018-03-23, 19:23)andrin55 Wrote: I meant to mount the USB inside the VM to prepare it with the updated kernel.
Whatever works for you is fine with me.
I guess I got a little too enthusiastic and overlooked the Linux kernel... Sowwy.
I successfully installed LibreELEC-Generic.x86_64-8.2.4.img on my USB Stick and booted it on an old X220. 

After that I placed the LibreELEC-Generic.x86_64-9.0-Milhouse-20180322210428-#0322-g7c4674a.tar inside the Updates folder, which then was installed. But now it wont boot anymore.
All I can see is a cursor and a black background since 10 Mins. The TTY on ctrl+alt+F2 is also not working.

@Klojum How long should this update take?
It's a shot in the dark but try adding "radeon.dpm=0" to the kernel command line - you'll need to edit syslinux.cfg, adding it to the end of the line that starts with "APPEND". There are two syslinux.cfg files, one for UEFI (in the EFI folder) and a second in the root (for legacy BIOS) so edit both to be sure.

Though the cursor and black background sounds like Kodi is crashing on startup, so it could be missing some drivers - you could try uploading the latest crash log with "cat /storage/.kodi/temp/kodi_crash.log | pastebinit", or upload the system log with "journalctl -a | pastebinit" and post the links.
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
Still wont work. All I see is this:

Do you have a Installer Image which I can write on my USB with dd or something?
If you enabled Samba you can downgrade back to the previous build by dropping the tar file in the Update folder. If you are able to access the Logfiles folder you should find a zip file with all the logs which would be useful if uploaded somewhere (Dropbox, Google Drive etc.)
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
Sadly, there are just empty logs:
Ok that confirms that Kodi is crashing immediately and isn't even loading - there should be something in "journalctl -a | pastebin" that might give a clue.
Journal shows, that kodi is crashing:
Mar 24 11:27:55 LibreELEC kodi.sh[1834]: ERROR: Unable to create application. Exiting
Mar 24 11:27:55 LibreELEC systemd[1]: kodi.service: Main process exited, code=exited, status=255/n/a
Mar 24 11:27:55 LibreELEC systemd[1]: kodi.service: Failed with result 'exit-code'.
Mar 24 11:27:57 LibreELEC systemd[1]: kodi.service: Service hold-off time over, scheduling restart.
Mar 24 11:27:57 LibreELEC systemd[1]: kodi.service: Scheduled restart job, restart counter is at 83.
Mar 24 11:27:57 LibreELEC systemd[1]: Stopped Kodi Media Center.
Mar 24 11:27:57 LibreELEC systemd[1]: Starting Kodi Media Center...
Mar 24 11:27:57 LibreELEC systemd[1]: Started Kodi Media Center.
Mar 24 11:27:57 LibreELEC kodi.sh[1849]: ERROR: Unable to create application. Exiting

But there was something in the kodi.log:
LibreELEC:~/.kodi/temp # cat kodi.log
11:35:49.856 T:140165948184704   ERROR: CProfilesManager: error loading special://masterprofile/profiles.xml, Line 0
                                            Failed to open file
11:35:49.856 T:140165948184704  NOTICE: special://profile/ is mapped to: special://masterprofile/
Not really much info to go on. Try a "clean" .kodi folder - "mv /storage/.kodi /storage/.kodi.bak && systemctl restart kodi", any better? You can restore your original Kodi with "rm -fr /storage/.kodi && mv /storage/.kodi.bak /storage/.kodi"
I'll try that tomorrow. 

BTW. the display issues from the beginning seem to be a driver issue. I have these in MS Edge too, but only when using fullscreen.
I think the problem with profiles.xml is that it either doesn't exist, or is (or has become) zero-bytes in size and Kodi responds very badly to this situation, and crashes. You'll need to restore profiles.xml from a backup if you have one (or from another Kodi client will probably work).
Where can I find profiles.xml?
In the .kodi/userdata folder.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Kodi UI rendering issues with AMD Ryzen 3 2200G APU0