Project - 4.7 Add a picture library
Smile 
Project Proposal - GSOC 2018
       Add a picture library
  • Name: Mohd Fareed Subhani
  • forum/e-mail:[email protected] 
  • Summary:To develop a project for KODI to add a picture library so that it would be easy to handle for user to filter ,sort and search for TV shows ,movies and music.
  • How will I achieve this: I will work on functional picture library with the possibility to scan files and having them added to the library. To fill picture database I will use file scrapping.
  • What will the project focus on: The project will focus on adding a picture database and getting it filled via file scrapping, also providing functional picture library with the possibility to scan files so as to make handling user data more convenient. 
  • Benefits: . The project will benefit the user as it is easier to handle data using libraries than directories , as user can keep their data and act upon the data that is collected without having to get it on each directory traversal.
  • Goals: The goal of the project is to make it simple for the user to handle and manage their TV shows ,movies and music data by creating a basic picture viewer and a functional picture database that scans for new files in the directory and adds them.
  • What does it touch in Kodi: The project will cover libraries and databases.
  • Requirements:  C++, SQLite, MySQL/MariaDB.
  • Possible mentors: Razze         
1. Tell us about the computer(s) and devices you have available for working on your SoC project?
    I have a laptop with Intel Core i5(6200U CPU @ 2.8GHz ) and 8 GB RAM having both linux and windows(10) OS. 

2. When did you first start programming?
    I started programming two years ago when I joined college and have continued to write programs and solve different programming problems on various popular sites such as hackerrank, codechef, codeforces etc. and hence developed a keen interest in programming. 

3. Are you a user of Kodi? When did you first start using it? 
    NO , But I will start using it soon.

4. Have you contributed to other Open Source projects? If so, which projects and can we see some of your code?
    No, I haven't  contributed to any open source project but I think it would be best for me to start under your guidence.

5. What sorts of programming projects have you done on your own time?
    I have developed some basic android apps and have made some animations using three.js.

6. How much time do you have available, and how would you plan to use it?
    From 19th May to July 17th I will be completely free and I am planning on devoting my time for SoC project and self-study.

7. Do you plan to have a job or study during the summer in conjunction with Summer of Code?
    During summer, I have planned to solve codding challenges and do SoC project simultaneously.

Regards,
 Fareed Subhani
 Student of CSE, B.tech(3rd year).
 National Institute of Technology, Patna.
Welcome Smile
There was some previous work done a long time ago to introduce a Picture Library but it was abandoned, see discussion thread https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=141169 and PR https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/pull/1562 not sure if you can get anything useful from it as the code has changed a lot since then, I don't know any of the detail regarding it so it's just a case of making you aware in case it might provide any pointers for the direction to take

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Project - 4.7 Add a picture library0