OS X kodi default behaviour when creating libraries?
hi all thanks to thought who helped me with my last post I would like to create my music and video library with kodi. what I am wondering is when specifie the folders for the library does kodi automatically copy the media to a different place like in iTunes? ideally I just want kodi to reference the folders with out moving or copying any files. 

I hope you guys can help with this Smile
No it doesn’t move the files, but you do need them correctly named and placed in a folder in order to scrape them and add the artwork etc

https://kodi.wiki/view/HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library
Hello @trey27

@Carnigg has kindly provided the link to the Video Library Creation Guide. It is a step by step walk through to setup the library and should answer most of your questions.

To answer your specific question... No. Kodi does not move, copy or duplicate your files in any way. Where your files are saved is where Kodi will access them from. It does not operate the same as iTunes.
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
Thread moved to OSX support
|Banned add-ons (wiki)|Forum rules (wiki)|VPN policy (wiki)|First time user (wiki)|FAQs (wiki) Troubleshooting (wiki)|Add-ons (wiki)|Free content (wiki)|Debug Log (wiki)|

Kodi Blog Posts

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
kodi default behaviour when creating libraries?0