Bug The TVDB - OriginalTitle of TV Shows doesn't exist
Hi,

I'm using json in order to get the original title of the tv show.

But when checking the tvshow table in the 'MyVideos107.db", column c09 (=originaltitle), all the column values are empty.

My settings are get info in Hebrew and fallback in English.

But I need the originaltitle for other purpose, so why this addon (metadata.tvdb.com) doesn't get and set the original title also?

Code:
request = {"jsonrpc": "2.0", "id": 1 , "method": "VideoLibrary.GetTVShowDetails", "params": {"tvshowid": int(tvshowid), "properties": ["originaltitle"]}}
results = json.loads(xbmc.executeJSONRPC(json.dumps(request)))
tvshowFile = results["result"]["tvshowdetails"]["originaltitle"]
I don't think thetvdb maintains that info. How do you exactly define "Original Title"?

The api is here. https://api.thetvdb.com/swagger#/
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
Original Title usally relates to the title in English.

For movies (With Universal scraper): xbmc.getInfoLabel("ListItem.OriginalTitle") give the original title.
But it's not working for TV Show, so I do it with JSON.
But I get an empty value, so I checked this column and it's empty, it's only has the title in the langauge I chose.
As I said, there is no original title in the tvdb database (that I can see anyway).
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
The TVDB - OriginalTitle of TV Shows doesn't exist0