Android tv box wifi range?
Hello. I was wondering is there a good android tv box that has range at about 50feet(maybe few feet more) from the router? I'm connected to the internet through my neighbour with usb wireless adapter, and I'm getting a solid signal and speed(25-40mbps) at around that range.But, does the tv boxes have that kind of wifi possibility? For example, I was looking at MINIX NEO U9-H android box and it's says that it's having a 802.11ac 2x2MIMO Dual-Band Wi-fi with antenna. Since I really don't understand much all of this, just how good(or bad) is this kind of wifi(or on any other tv box) comparing to my wireless adapter(tp link wn822n)?
I'm buying new tv also and I wanna watch KODI but I'm worried about my possibilities with that kind of internet. I can also turn on hotspot on my PC, that I'm sure will work. But the speed is double slower then(on my mobile 8-15mbps and watching live tv on kodi is not the smoothest). Sorry If this is the wrong section to ask, I'm new here
Your TP link WN822n is a 2.4GHz only adapter.

2.4GHz WiFi generally has good signal range but is highly subject to WiFi Radio Freq. interference these days. Eg. I can kill 2.4GHz WiFi in my home simply by turning on the Microwave that operates at 2.45GHz.

That is why Dual Band 2.4/5GHz WiFi was introduced. You want a Dual Band WiFi router/adapter these days to send out the WiFi signal(s).

WiFi receivers (like media players) with external antennas generally will be more sensitive to WiFi signal reception. Dual Band ones with MIMO (dual antennas) even better.

n or ac WiFi refers a WiFi standard. Most decent modern WiFi equiptment is Dual Band ac WiFi these days. ac WIFi will be faster vs n only WiFi.

1080i Live TV streaming you are going to need at the very least a Dual band WiFi adapter/router and Dual Band WiFi receiver for decent reliability which the U9-H has.

** Just be aware deinterlacing for OTA TV watching is broken and unreliable in all versions on Android Kodi Krypton on all Android platforms. On the U9 you will have to use LibreELEC Kodi Krypton to have working reliable deinterlacing.

But getting any kind of adapter or receiver would slower my internet by double, right? Then I guess I'm stuck with my pc hotspot who can do the same thing. Well, maybe I will be lucky and and I'll manage somehow to connect andorid box through my neighbour.

Also, my neighbour is on 2,4ghz since he is connected through antenna on the roof to one server next to our town. So 5ghz is not an option if I understand all of this

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Android tv box wifi range?0