v18 Kodi "Leia" not marking videos as watched with external player?
I upgraded to the alpha and now when I watch videos using an external player they are not being marked as watched. 

Is there anyway to fix this or will I need to downgrade?
Add this to your playercorefactory.xml

<playcountminimumtime>1140</playcountminimumtime>
HOW TO - Kodi 2D - 3D - UHD (4k) HDR Guide Internal & External Players iso menus
DIY HOME THEATER WIND EFFECT

W11 Pro 24H2 MPC-BE\HC madVR KODI 22 GTX960-4GB/RGB 4:4:4/Desktop 60Hz 8bit Video Matched Refresh rates 23,24,50,60Hz 8/10/12bit/Samsung 82" Q90R Denon S720W
I tried it with and without that. My playcorefactory.xml works fine with v17, but not with v18. I assume it's a bug in v18 alpha, but surely there's someone else using the alpha with an external player that can confirm?
Code:
<playercorefactory>
<players>
<player name="MPC-BE" type="ExternalPlayer" audio="false" video="true">
<filename>C:\Program Files\MPC-BE x64\mpc-be64.exe</filename>
<args>"{1}" /fullscreen /close</args>
<hidexbmc>false</hidexbmc>
<hideconsole>false</hideconsole>
<warpcursor>none</warpcursor>
<playcountminimumtime>60</playcountminimumtime>
</player>
</players>
<rules action="prepend">
<rule filetypes="mkv|avi|divx|ogm|mp4|mov|m4v|flv|m2v|mpeg|mpg|mts|m2ts|vob|bdmv|iso" player="MPC-BE">
<rule protocols="http|https" player="MPC-BE"/>
<rule protocols="daap|rtv|rtsp|rtmp|rtmpe|rtsp|mms|rtp|pvr" player="VideoPlayer"/>
</rule>
</rules>
</playercorefactory>
I think there is an issue Kodi 18 Alpha with watched set and external players, also some issue that has the external as the only player once called. Patience please.
Actually the playercorefactory is only partially obeying anymore.  I do hope it will be investigated.
HOW TO - Kodi 2D - 3D - UHD (4k) HDR Guide Internal & External Players iso menus

W11 Pro 24H2 MPC-BE\HC madVR KODI 22 GTX960-4GB/RGB 4:4:4/Desktop 60Hz 8bit Video Matched Refresh rates 23,24,50,60Hz 8/10/12bit/Samsung 82" Q90R Denon S720W
(2018-03-25, 22:56)PatK Wrote: I think there is an issue Kodi 18 Alpha with watched set and external players, also some issue that has the external as the only player once called. Patience please.
 It's cool, I expected as much being an alpha. I guess I will roll back to v17 for now.
Is this also the cause of some addons (the youtube one for instance) also not displaying the watched marker?

It was working on 17 but i decided to test 18 alpha & now on some addons the watched/partially watched markers are not displaying.

i shall go back to the last 17 stable but just thought i would flag it in case there is a fix or something.
Tyrindor2 and Steph09,

At least you are able to correctly launch your external player with v.18.  If you add another player(s) are you able to launch them?  I've found the playercorefactory is not honoring all the players and only able to launch the first one listed in the playercorefactory no matter the rules applied to which player.  Furthermore, the 'play using' tab does not start the correct player(s) either.

(2018-03-25, 22:56)PatK Wrote: I think there is an issue Kodi 18 Alpha with watched set and external players, also some issue that has the external as the only player once called. Patience please.
Both issues mentioned by PatK still exist in the latest nightly builds. Any solutions to be expected soon? That would be greatly appreciated!
It is probably not the top priority for a fix compared to the internal video player, which still has issues.
 +1 patiently waiting person Angel
(2018-06-24, 21:11)mv-- Wrote:
 +1 patiently waiting person Angel 
As noted in post#10
It's been awhile since I tried Leia, and I am sad to report that it's still happening even on Beta 2. Hopefully this is fixed before release.
Update: Still happening on RC2. I'm getting a bit worried as an external player is a must for me.
I can confirm status is not updated when using ANY external players with nightly builds anymore.  I don't know when it began but it has been happening for months.  Videos do not get marked as watched or any status using Estuary either so it is not skin related.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Kodi "Leia" not marking videos as watched with external player?3