v18 EDL processing not invoked while using SMB definition on same host as file is located
I opened an item in Bug Tracker (17802), but I didn't have a very good title for the bug, and I don't see a way to change the title.

To summarize:  Multiple KODI installations in local network; video file sources are defined via SMB on all hosts so that unique definitions are not required
EDL processing takes place on computers that do not host the video files; EDL not invoked for playback on local host.
This configuration works in Version 17.6, but not in Leia Alpha.  Please see the description in Bug Tracker 17802 for more detail.
Log is available in Bug Tracker.

I would like to add that this is easily fixed by changing the media source definitions to local folder names.  The only reason I am mentioning this is because the code functioned one way in Version 17 and now functions differently in Version 18.  Perhaps now it is working as designed.  I would just like to know so that I can act accordingly.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
EDL processing not invoked while using SMB definition on same host as file is located0