v18 Movie not playing through DLNA
I am using KODI Liea 64bit, I have all of my HDD movies confighured with Kodi, now when I use... in services>UPnP/ DLNA, all of my movies is listed on my TV but when I try to play a movie is says video not supported, but I can direct play from HDD.
Must likely the codec/video format is not supported by your tv. Note that Kodi does not transcode the video on-the-fly like other software packages (e.g. emby or plex) do. There are at the moment better options to do this rather than Kodi. Despite some advances in that regard which may enable transcoding in the future, Kodi is essentially designed as a media player running on a device attached to the TV and not as a media-server software.

Despite this, and since you can play the files directly from HDD (I assume in your TV) please provide a debug log, otherwise no one will be able to help you out or fix any existing errors.

Cheers
it's possible that Kodi might send a mime-type via UPNP that your TV doesn't understand. Not sure this will be visible in a Debug Log, but could be worth a try. Just to be sure, please also enable the component logging of the UPNP component (and only this component) along with debug logging

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Movie not playing through DLNA0