The right Atmos sound bar
Hi,

I'm currently using a Creative T4 and I'm looking for an uprade for movies and music. 

I'm particularly interted in 3 sound bars:

- Samsung HW-K950
- Yamaha YSP-2700
- LG SJ9

From what I have read, the samsung is not the best for music and atmos, the LG has a good Atmos effect but lack of bass and the yamahaa does not support Atmos. 

I'm looking for a warm, well balanced sound with clean and deep bass.

Could you advise me on what option is best?
Is there another option I should consider?
Should I wait something else to be released this year?

Thanks in advance !
(2018-03-25, 17:35)anthony74000 Wrote: I'm looking for a warm, well balanced sound with clean and deep bass.

I highly guess you won't get something that audiophile from a soundbar, tbh. And recommending something might be pretty hard. As words like "clean", "warm", "well balanced" and such are pretty individual. What might sound warm and clean to me, might not sound the same to you. Further more, nobody in here knows anything about your room (which is most important for clean and well balanced bass). Speaking of "room modes" and so on.

The best indicator is your own ear. Head over to some shop, ask if you are allowed to try the device of your choice and then listen to it at your own home, in your own room with your own movies. Everything else, without measuring frequencies in your room to identify modes, is simply speculating. And that won't get you any further as well Wink

For me, a real Atmos feeling might also be completely different from what it might be for you. If I implement Atmos at my home, I would never ever implement it without real ceiling speakers. From what I've heard yet, there was only 1 soundbar which convinces me in a little bit. That was a Bose about 4000€. But even that didn't convince me in a way that I would replace my separated speakers.
Hi,

Thank you for taking the time to answer! 

I totally understand your point, the thing is it's quite hard to find these devices in shop where I can try them, especially where I live. 

My budget is 1000€ max I don't want to spend 4k€ in this and I have a small living room it's why I'm looking at soundbars and not a home cinema set. 

My objective is more to have a rough idea of what best for music/movies in case someone had the chance to compare them.
Tbh, I won't spent 1000€ on something which I can't hear before. Think about the case, that you buy something and you don't like it. Then you need to send it back, wait for getting back the money (which could take weeks), then buy something else, try it, don't like it ..... and so on.

At least I would do a phone call to the seller. Probably search for a seller who has them all. Then spend a weekend to drive there by car/train and listen to it (at least in the shop). I know, that all sounds like much effort for a simple soundbar...but spending 1000€ on something might be worth it. Wink
You are right, will try to find a store !! thanks a lot
(2018-03-25, 17:35)anthony74000 Wrote: Hi,

I'm currently using a Creative T4 and I'm looking for an uprade for movies and music. 

I'm particularly interted in 3 sound bars:

- Samsung HW-K950
- Yamaha YSP-2700
- LG SJ9

From what I have read, the samsung is not the best for music and atmos, the LG has a good Atmos effect but lack of bass and the yamahaa does not support Atmos. 

I'm looking for a warm, well balanced sound with clean and deep bass.

Could you advise me on what option is best?
Is there another option I should consider?
Should I wait something else to be released this year?

Thanks in advance !
 Check this thread..ATMOS/DTS:X SOUNDBAR
MY CURRENT MEDIA PLAYER | MY HOME THEATER
MINIX NEO U22-XJ COREELEC v19 MATRIX | EGREAT A10 | NVIDIA SHIELD | LG 75 NANO90 DV/HDR+ | Sony 43 Android TV HDR
XBOX SERIES X  | PS4 PRO 4K | JBL 9.1 System 5.1.4 DTS:X/ATMOS 
Great thanks !!!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
The right Atmos sound bar0