“File exist” error while adding a SMB share
Hi all,
this evening made a clean fresh installation of Kodi 17.6 on a Raspberry PI 3 with NOOB downloaded from official website.While adding my “video” SMB share, actually shared by a Synology NAS, I always get a “File exists” error without any detailed information about.The procedure followed to add the share is:
“Video” - “Files” - “Add videos…” - “Browse” - “Add network location…” and the filling all the share informations; after confirmation I get the “File exists” error. My SMB share is password protected and there is no way to declare a public non password protected share.Any clue is apreciated. This procedure has worked for the past installations of Kodi and share is reachable by the other machines (PC and MAC) I have.Googling around I’ve seen it’s a very commons issue but I cannot undertand how it was finally solved by other peoples.Thank for help.
Are you sure your share login credentials are correct? The "File exists" error is erroneously returned by Samba servers prior to v4.8.0 for invalid logins.
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
The same with me.

Just installed 18.2 on Linux Mint and faced I can't add any SAMBA share with Zeroconf as File Exists error appears instead of login/password prompt. Also no SAMBA shares visible when adding through Windows network (SMB).

No such problems with 18.2 running on Windows or macOS.

The server I'm trying to acces is a Linux based QNAP one.
Has anyone figured this out? I am trying to add a smb volume on my Mac and I get the same File Exists error. I set up a user name called Pi and gave it a simple password. Nothing comes up when selecting Windows Network (SMB). When I select Add Network Location I make sure Windows Network (SMB) is selected. Server name is Mac Pro.local and under Shared Folder I enter Martha-1. This is a separate drive in my MacPro. I then add Pi and the password in Username and password respectively. I push OK and get File Exists. The Mac is running OS10.13.6, the RPi is running Raspbian 9 Stretch with Kodi 18.2. I am new to network sharing so feel free to suggest the obvious. I did install Samba on the RPi. I do have file sharing turned on with access via SMB on the Mac and Pi is allowed to share the volume.
(2018-03-26, 06:00)Milhouse Wrote: Are you sure your share login credentials are correct? The "File exists" error is erroneously returned by Samba servers prior to v4.8.0 for invalid logins.

Hi
I am running SAMBA 4.10.0 under Ubuntu 19.2 and the "File exists" error is still there.  I gather this is a spurious error which is generated when an incorrect log-in is attempted.

When I attempt to log on from a Raspberry Pi running KODI 17.2 I get the file exists error.

However with exactly the same credentials I can log in under Raspbian 9 (Stretch)

When I log in under Raspian I give the server address and then it asks for the log in details separately.  This works fine.
Under Kodi what exactly will be the  "share login credentials"  (these in my case must be wrong)
i.e. just the server address then it will ask for the username and password or has it all to be incorporated into the log-in string?

Suggestions please

Regards

Dave

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
“File exist” error while adding a SMB share0