NUC+Kodi+ir remote control
Hello,

I bought the NUC7i3bnk and I am searching for an ir remote control which will be able to turn on and off the nuc and fully control Kodi with the minimum amount of tweak.

Can someone recommend me of one?

P.s
Right know I have the Xbox 360 media remote control which does not turn on or off the nuc.
Depending on the option of the NUC (and if it has the option to "wake on USB), I would recommend the Flirc dongle.

- cheap
- Easy to setup
- works OOTB after configuration
- can be used on ANY Kodi client by simply plugging it into the USB port
- doesn't need to be plugged at the front. I have it at the back of my HTPC and it still works flawlessly
- Every IR remote can be used (which is the biggest benefit if you ask me)
tnx

but if i do that,i will lose the benefit of the built-in IR receiver and second, i will occupy a usb port...
and i am not sure i will be able to turn on the NUC after shutdown.

any other idea?
I'm pretty sure that you will not be able to turn on the NUC after shutdown with FLIRC. However it is probably possible with a Harmony remote with the correct programming of the buttons.
Not quite sure why you need to do it in the first place. I leave mine on all the time ( have done for the last 3 years ). It uses minimal power and is easy to reboot if you have a power outage.
(2018-03-26, 07:07)Nabotir Wrote: Hello,

I bought the NUC7i3bnk and I am searching for an ir remote control which will be able to turn on and off the nuc and fully control Kodi with the minimum amount of tweak.

Can someone recommend me of one?

P.s
Right know I have the Xbox 360 media remote control which does not turn on or off the nuc.
http://compatibleproducts.intel.com/Prod...0NUC7i3BNK

There are 3 compatible remotes listed.
That NUC is CEC capable. There is a service in Kodi that will allow you to put your system in standby and then wake it up when your TV is powered on/off. Use a remote that mixes RF and IR and you're all set. With my setup, I turn my tv, receiver, and RPi on with one IR button, then control Kodi with the RF functions on the remote. I use the Rii i25 mini.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
NUC+Kodi+ir remote control0