Solved Animation Series Scraping Info - help
Hi everyone !

I'm sorry , i'll try to do my best to write in a correct english , but it isn't my main language ^^

I use Kodi since 4-5 months for all the films stocked on my computer, and i'm really appreciating it.
I decided so some days ago to use it also for all my animation series that i stocked on my computer.

But i've a problem with the information scraping :/ i checked on "theTVDB" if the animation was refered , and that's the case. (D.Gray-Man)
Each time i refresh my video library , Kodi is refering the three first episodes of a "Mario" animation instead the goods one. (I also tried to clean the library and update again, no changes)

I checked also the naming convention for the episodes, set it as it was indicated, but nothing changed :/

I post you my file structure here :

E:
-- Series
-- -- Anime Series
-- -- -- D.Gray-Man
-- -- -- -- D.Gray-Man S01
-- -- -- -- -- D.Gray-Man S01E01.avi (analysed as mario episode 1)
-- -- -- -- -- D.Gray-Man S01E02.avi (analysed as mario episode 2)
-- -- -- -- -- D.Gray-Man S01E03.avi (analysed as mario episode 3)
-- -- -- -- -- D.Gray-Man S01E04.avi (not analysed)
-- -- -- -- D.Gray-Man S02
-- -- -- -- -- D.Gray-Man S02E52.avi
-- -- -- -- -- D.Gray-Man S02E53.avi
-- -- -- -- -- D.Gray-Man S02E54.avi

The folder "Anime Series" is the video source directory that i created in Kodi (because i've another directory with TV Series like Walking Dead)
Did i made a mistake in the naming convention or in the file structure ? Any advice for this problem ? :/

Thank in advance for all the answers Smile

PS : Sorry if i made a mistake in the section, but i didn't find where to put that kind of problem instead of the video one
Hello @geof2810

I created some dummy files and tested your show. I named it the same as you have, and it took a few attempts for the scraper to find the entry, requiring me to repeatedly type in the show name. Though once it found the entry it scraped ok.

Your file naming is spot on, so no problems there. I note that the DVD order is messed up for the show. Can you check that you are not scraping by DVD Order, though I wouldn't have thought it would cause your problem.

Is this the show that you are incorrectly scraping... https://www.thetvdb.com/?tab=series&id=268308&lid=7

What language and fallback language do you have set in your scraper. I had English set for both options. I'll try again with your settings once you let me know.

Though it is difficult to understand why it would be scraping a completely different show for the first three episodes. A Debug log (wiki) which captures the scrape will be useful.
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
Hi @Karellen !

Finally i decided to download all the nfo files for each episode through "TV Rename", after identifying each episode as the good one.

I checked my previous configuration, and i wasn't scraping by DVD Order, that was unchecked.

The show that was scraping concerning "Mario" was this one https://www.thetvdb.com/?tab=series&id=270183&lid=7

For the language and fallback language , that was the default one "english".

I'll try with another serie now , will be checking for the logs and gonna tell you Smile
I'm coming back with the log informations and other tests.

I tried with the following animation of D.Gray-Man called "D.Gray-Man Hollow" and hadn't problem at all to recognize it by theTVDB.

I tried again with my directory D.Gray-Man to do that (without the local information downloaded before), and still don't work. At least , it's not recognizing a "Mario" animation serie anymore.

By checking the log (https://pastebin.com/fREMNqiE) , i see that it's trying to gather all the info on the API, but it's facing an Error 404.
Honestly i don't really know how it can occur :/

Any idea ?

Thx !

PS : That works ! When i finished my message , i tried to change the "." after the D of "D.Gray-Man" in a "-" , and that recognised it.
I had this idea after seeing that in the log, there was in one case only the "." , and in the other case only the "-"

Is it due to the regular expression analyse , or something else ?
Didn't found where to put the subject solved ^^
Ok, great that it is solved. I will mark it solved for you and move this thread to the correct forum... Metadata Scrapers.

Unfortunately, the log does not have debug mode enabled, so can't see what the scraper was doing. As for the Error 404, it may have to do with not being able to find the show D.Gray-Man, which would explain why it took me a few attempts to scrape it. Like you said the period was throwing it off.
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
Thread marked solved.
My Signature

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Animation Series Scraping Info - help0