Better profile support
Name:  Himanshu Kashyap
Email: [email protected]
Summary:Better Graphical User Interface(GUI) development with a lot of important features to be added in it.
How will I achieve this:  By separating those elements/features which are not useful for some users like for kids to show them only what they need
What will the project focus on:Project will focus mainly on how to improve its appearance to the users and what are the features that are restricted to particular age/type of users
Benefits: Like as mentioned in the ideas page users who use kodi and kodi community would be benefitted because users will get to see or use that features only which they have authorization to and since users will be satisfied by the services of the kodi, the kodi community would get a good feedback and more and more users will join kodi community.
Goals: Better GUI interface with a lot of extra added usefull features
What does it touch in Kodi: It will basically touch the interface of kodi where I will make the interface more interactive and useful
Requirements: SQL/MYSQL for database and C/C++ and Python for GUI and to add extra features
Possible mentors:  =@

About Myself 
I am an undergraduate student in Lovely Professional University,Jalandhar,India.I am currently in my 3[sup]rd[/sup] year.I am programming in c++ since 2013 and in python since 2016 and in sql since 2015.I am a regular competitive programmer on various online platforms like hackkerank.com and codechef.com.I am pretty good with Algorithms and Data Structures.I have studied operating system,Data structures,Algorithms,Computer Networks,Computer Graphics,Compiler Design,Database Management,Cloud Computing in my undergraduate course.I am hardworking an am looking forward to really get this opportunity to work in Open Source Development for the First time.I use ubuntu 14.04LTS for my daily to daily work and even windows 10(Dual Booted).I am very familiar with linux(ubuntu) and been using it since 2016.I have Dell inspiron laptop intel processor i3 with 4 gb ram.I am familiar with git and github .I know how to use them and have been using them since 2017.

Some of my code works are:
https://www.hackerrank.com/anonymox_coder                 My Hackerrank Profile
https://www.codechef.com/users/himan_kash                   My Codechef Profile
http://www.spoj.com/users/him_kash_27/                           My SPOJ Profile 
  1. Tell us about the computer(s) and devices you have available for working on your SoC project?
    I have a laptop(Intel Core™ i3-5005U CPU @ 2.00GHz ) with 4 GB RAM with ubuntu 14.04LTS and Windows 10 installed in dual boot mode.

2. When did you first start programming?
    In 2013 to be exact, when I was in my school. It was in C and C++ .

3. Are you a user of Kodi? When did you first start using it?
    NO, I am not a user of kodi but I have installed it and been using it from last 3 days.

4. Have you contributed to other Open Source projects? If so, which projects and can we see some of your code?
    No, I haven't contributed to Open Source Projects yet. This is my first involvment through GSoc. Last year also I applied for GSoC but couldn’t get through it in.

5. What sorts of programming projects have you done on your own time?
    I am comfortable in C, C++ and Python and SQL.  

6. How much time do you have available, and how would you plan to use it?
In summer, starting from the first week of May till second week of September end when the GSoC finishes I would be free as that time my summer vacations would be going on(till July end) and still I can manage my time in the month of august and september.
=11pt=10.5ptI can devote 40+hours every week  for GSoC.

7. Do you plan to have a job or study during the summer in conjunction with Summer of Code?
No, I do not have a work or study during the summer.I would be free.
@Razze  @jjd-uk   sir, please reply to my proposal sir
Hi Himan, I'm not one of the GSOC mentors so not involved in reviewing the proposals, just taking a interest in what people want to do since I'm a Team member.

However just to make you aware, there was a previous GSOC project accepted to provide better profile support however the student had to drop out very early on due to personal issues arising preventing any work on it being done, so I don't believe any coding got underway but in case there's anything useful in the discussions regarding ideas for what might be required see:

https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=222006
https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=220295
i have gone through the thread of the previous guy who dropped out...i have only 1 hour remaining before deadline...As i have mentioned in my draft proposal,that i am quiet efficient with c and c++ and database an am willing to work with kodi..please remind me if i am missing something in my draft proposal...also what should i do next..should i submit my proposal
Sorry but I'm not able to help as only GSOC mentors have access to the Google portal that proposals are submitted to. I guess if you don't get a response from Razze or one of the other mentors soon then you should probably submit to make sure you meet the deadline.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Better profile support0