Solved rapier custom drop
hi i am using the latest version of this skin and trying to add my own custom images to kodi but finding out that it seems like eg music , movies , tv shows , you have to use a pack that you install is there any way to use your own pictures on these categories like you can on the other categories or when you make up a different categories thanks
Hi bluebug.

For music, movies and tv shows you can choose either the global background, a single custom background, multiple custom images from a folder or different fanart backgrounds.
No need for image packs for the backgrounds.

You probably want a single custom background or multiple backgrounds for these categories.

Go to Skin Settings > Backgrounds > Custom backgrounds > Movies / Music / TV Shows etc.
Select Single image (1 image) or Multi image (multiple images form a folder).

https://kodi.wiki/view/add-on:rapier#Backgrounds
hi thanks for your reply i am a bit confused as if i got to eg Go to Skin Settings > Backgrounds > Custom backgrounds > Movies / Music / TV Shows etc.  there is no arrow to bring up selection for image Movies / Music / TV Shows has got little boxes beside them that i cannot switch on thanks

If your library is not filled (set the content of your folder - tvshow, movie, music) you can't set this options, yes.
You need to add all your movie, tv show and music files to the library:

HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)
adding_video_sources (wiki)
hi thanks for your reply i have managed to add my movies from hd drive but all though fanart is selected it will only change the fanart when i choose a different movie , i am adding some tv shows all though fanart is selected i get no picture allthough the opition to download fanart is there the only way i can put a picture in is by the folder option  i have tried artwork downloader but nothing seems to happen , is there any way to change the main color writing on the main menu for some reason it has gone blue thanks
(2018-03-28, 19:50)bluebug Wrote: i have managed to add my movies from hd drive but all though fanart is selected it will only change the fanart when i choose a different movie

Is this on the home screen or inside the libraries? You have to explain your issues a little better.

If it's inside the libraries, and you don't want to see the movie specific fanart, you can go to the view options menu (press up or left) and disable fanart.
Disable "BG: Fanart" and "BG: Extra fanart".
Then you will see whichever background is chosen for the movies category.

(2018-03-28, 19:50)bluebug Wrote: i am adding some tv shows all though fanart is selected i get no picture allthough the opition to download fanart is there the only way i can put a picture in is by the folder option i have tried artwork downloader but nothing seems to happen

Where is fanart selected? You have to explain a little better.
Is it on the home screen tv shows categori, where you don't see any fanart images?

(2018-03-28, 19:50)bluebug Wrote: is there any way to change the main color writing on the main menu for some reason it has gone blue thanks

Skin Settings > Home > Category Menu > Use white categories
hi many thanks for your reply the artwork/fanart seems to be working now apparently i had to restart kodi before it would work , i was woundering with the rapier skin is there a option for the icons on the cat to close  like the icon in the middle of the picture
at the moment i am trying artwork beef to get more artwork for my movies etc thanks for your advice
Great you got it working.

You can disable the category icons by going to
Skin Settings > Home > Category Icon > Hide category icons
hi thanks  for your reply i am getting use to your skin and woundering after i use artwook beef to download more images to my movies will your skin show up artwork like spin disc artwork etc thanks
Disc art is only supported for music.

Supported artwork for movies: poster, fanart, extrafanart, thumb, extrathumbs, clearlogo, clearart

Supported artwork for tv shows: poster, season poster, banner, season banner, fanart, extrafanart, thumb, extrathumbs, clearlogo, clearart
hi many thanks for your help and advice
No problem.

I'll mark this thread as solved.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
rapier custom drop0