Best method for scheduling recordings.
Hi,

I am still a bit of a newbie, in terms of TVH, and have only recently made the complete switch to it for all my recordings (I used NPVR previously).

I have a few issues, about scheduling recordings, that you guys might be able to help me with.

1. I use Schedules Direct for all my EPG (no OTA grabbers) and so the information is very complete and uniform across all my channels.

Whenever I click on a program, to record it, I often get an option to record the series.  This is not usually problem, but I have noticed an issue with this in that only episodes on that particular channel are recorded.  This is not usually a problem, but it does mean if I click record on an SD version of a channel, it will only record on that channel - HD showings of the channel will be missed, as will later showings on +1 channels.

Am I correct in thinking that when I click on the record series button, this is essentially series link?  If so, am I correct in thinking that series link only works for a single channel - i.e. the CRID for S1E1 of Top Gear, for example, is different on BBC1 as opposed to on BBC1 HD or Dave?

2. Is there any way I can stop certain seasons from being recorded?  I have seen all episodes of Wheeler Dealers, up to season 8.  The episodes are shown fairly randomly and it would be great if I could somehow put a record on for all unrecorded episodes from season 9 onwards.

Thanks
Bit of an update, following some testing of the weekend.

I had noticed that lots of duplicate recordings were being recorded, which led me to conclude that when I am clicking on the record series button, is it setting up an autotimer with the criteria to only record on that particular channel and to record every single episode.

I found way round this, however.  After I set the recording, I went into the list of timers and manually edited it.  I removed the channel and also changed the recording option to only pickup shows, with a different episode number, that had not already been recorded.

My default recording profile has also been set to prefer HD when available, so now, with the above:

HD versions of showing will always be recorded and the option to look at all channels, gives extra flexibility to avoid clashes.

The above only takes a few extra seconds to do, but is there a way that I can have the above set as default for every time I press the record series button?
If I remember correctly there's some settings for this in the TVH server itself (point a web browser at the device hosting the server using port 9981 to see the server configuration dashboard).
|Banned add-ons (wiki)|Forum rules (wiki)|VPN policy (wiki)|First time user (wiki)|FAQs (wiki) Troubleshooting (wiki)|Add-ons (wiki)|Free content (wiki)|Debug Log (wiki)|

Kodi Blog Posts
(2018-04-03, 16:38)DarrenHill Wrote: If I remember correctly there's some settings for this in the TVH server itself (point a web browser at the device hosting the server using port 9981 to see the server configuration dashboard).

He's talking all the time about the tvh web ui, not Kodi PVR. ;-)
(2018-04-03, 18:44)ksooo Wrote:
(2018-04-03, 16:38)DarrenHill Wrote: If I remember correctly there's some settings for this in the TVH server itself (point a web browser at the device hosting the server using port 9981 to see the server configuration dashboard).

He's talking all the time about the tvh web ui, not Kodi PVR. ;-)  
 Yes - sorry for any confusion.

I only use the web browser for scheduling as I find it easier to use than the PVR addon.
Fair enough Smile It was the duplicate detection in the kodi client configuration I was thinking of. That covers some of the items you mention, presumably by setting stuff in the web GUI.

Personally I use the TVHClient app on my android tablet, which works very well (and combined with a VPN into my home network can be used from anywhere to set a recording).
|Banned add-ons (wiki)|Forum rules (wiki)|VPN policy (wiki)|First time user (wiki)|FAQs (wiki) Troubleshooting (wiki)|Add-ons (wiki)|Free content (wiki)|Debug Log (wiki)|

Kodi Blog Posts
TVH client on your phone will do it! It's the easiest way, and it's great to schedule recordings were ever from.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Best method for scheduling recordings.0