Turn off autoscrape?
I've been using MediaElch for my scraping and I like its simplicity but sadly the updates have stopped and it's starting to perform badly.

So I decided to try something new and here I am, so hi all!

Couldn't find any setting for turning off autoscraping but I might have missed something cause there are a lot of different windows, check boxes and settings to go through and trying to understand at a first glance. Also searched the forum but couldn't find anything.

So is there a way to stop this behavior?
Cause I want to have control of the info and images that is scraped and I don't want it all to just happen like it does now.  One negative thing in what seem to be a great program. So almost two thumbs up Wink
For movies you can manually scrape by clicking the update library->Movies button and it that will populate the listing with new folders/movies.  Then right click the movie(s) and choose "Rescrape Movie" or "Change Movie".  This should allow you to choose the artwork.  You can select more than 1 movie by holding ctrl while left clicking the listings.
Maybe should've said something about that it concerned TV episodes, forgot about that Wink
And you mentioned that before editing your post so I guess there isn't any way to disable it or am I doing something wrong? Is there perhaps another way to get new episodes to display without updating library?
Yeah, episodes autoscrape and I don't believe there is a way to avoid this.  Now the only artwork that should be downloading is the poster/thumb.  Is there a reason why you would want to choose the artwork for that?  If it's as simple as you preferring one site's thumb over the other, you can disable the site in Settings->TV->Scrapers - Images-> and then uncheck poster for either tmdb or tvdb.
The reason for episode autoscraping is that it's not possible to show all episodes and filter by "NFO missing" or something else. without autoscraping you have to check each tv show to find non-scraped episodes.
(2018-03-28, 21:03)Fail$tyle420 Wrote: Yeah, episodes autoscrape and I don't believe there is a way to avoid this.  Now the only artwork that should be downloading is the poster/thumb.  Is there a reason why you would want to choose the artwork for that?  If it's as simple as you preferring one site's thumb over the other, you can disable the site in Settings->TV->Scrapers - Images-> and then uncheck poster for either tmdb or tvdb.
 Yes because I want to use the thumbs the network use them self on their websites. Got tired of the ones you usually got in poor quality and/or visible subtitles, network logo and in the wrong AR.
Tried to uncheck all of them in hope of the episodes to be highlighted or searchable because of missing thumb but sadly not.
(2018-03-28, 21:35)DanCooper Wrote: The reason for episode autoscraping is that it's not possible to show all episodes and filter by "NFO missing" or something else. without autoscraping you have to check each tv show to find non-scraped episodes.
 Wouldn't it be possible to make Ember work as MediaElch and put the shows with new episodes at the top of the list and highlight them?
Or at least make it possible to use the missing items filter that only works for shows atm?
same here. is this possible? i´m experimenting wince a few hours with it. just getting this "marked" function. don´t know what this is for...

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Turn off autoscrape?0