Kodi 18 compilation on RPI3 fine, but kodi-x11 is not starting
Hi all,
i've compiled Kodi18 directly with a RPI3 and the newest Raspbian.

The compilation finished with 100% success, but when I'm trying to start kodif-x11, following error is shown.

sh:

timux@raspberrypi:~/kodi/build $ ./kodi-x11
./kodi-x11: symbol lookup error: /opt/vc/lib/libbrcmEGL.so: undefined symbol: glDiscardFramebufferEXT

I've used the following parameter for compiling:

sh:

#------ build environment ------#
REPO_DIR: /home/timux/kodi
KODI_BUILD_DIR: /home/timux/kodi/build
CPU: cortex-a7
DEB_ARCH: armhf
BUILD_TYPE: Release
KODI_OPTS: -DVERBOSE=1 -DENABLE_OPENGL=OFF -DWITH_CPU=cortex-a7 -DCMAKE_PREFIX_PATH=/opt/vc -DENABLE_OPENGLES=ON -DCMAKE_BUILD_TYPE=Release -DCMAKE_INSTALL_PREFIX=/opt/kodi -DENABLE_AIRTUNES=OFF -DENABLE_ALSA=ON -DENABLE_AVAHI=ON -DENABLE_BLURAY=ON -DENABLE_CEC=ON -DENABLE_DBUS=ON -DENABLE_DVDCSS=ON -DENABLE_EGL=ON -DENABLE_EVENTCLIENTS=ON -DENABLE_INTERNAL_FFMPEG=ON -DENABLE_INTERNAL_CROSSGUID=ON -DENABLE_MICROHTTPD=ON -DENABLE_NFS=ON -DENABLE_OPTICAL=ON -DENABLE_PULSEAUDIO=OFF -DENABLE_SMBCLIENT=ON -DENABLE_SSH=ON -DENABLE_UDEV=ON -DENABLE_UPNP=ON -DENABLE_VAAPI=OFF -DENABLE_VDPAU=OFF -DENABLE_X=ON -DENABLE_XSLT=ON -DENABLE_LIRC=ON -DCMAKE_INCLUDE_PATH=/opt/vc/include:/opt/vc/include/interface:/opt/vc/include/interface/vcos/pthreads:/opt/vc/include/interface/vmcs_host/linux -DCMAKE_LIBRARY_PATH=/opt/vc/lib -DEGL_INCLUDE_DIR=/opt/vc/include/EGL -DEGL_LIBRARY=/opt/vc/lib/libbrcmEGL.so -DOPENGLES_INCLUDE_DIR=/opt/vc/include/GLES2 -DOPENGLES_gl_LIBRARY=/opt/vc/lib/libbrcmGLESv2.so -DCPACK_GENERATOR=DEB -DDEBIAN_PACKAGE_VERSION=1~ -DDEB_PACKAGE_ARCHITECTURE=armhf -DDEBIAN_PACKAGE_TYPE=stable

EXTRA_FLAGS: -Os -fomit-frame-pointer -mcpu=cortex-a7 -mtune=cortex-a7 -mfloat-abi=hard -O3 -mfpu=neon-vfpv4 -fomit-frame-pointer
BUILD_THREADS: 4

Is there a kind of library or package dependency, I've missed to install?

Thanks for your Help!

Regards,
Timo
OK,
I've got it.

I had to remove some mesa GL Libs and add the folowing Parameters:

sh:

-DCORE_SYSTEM_NAME=linux \
    -DCORE_PLATFORM_NAME=rbpi \

Aftder that a "kodi-rbpi" executable was build and i could start it.

Regards,
Timo
TimUx80 thanks for this post and taking the time to read this.

I have been looking to compile Kodi with X11 support but my compile skills are lacking. I have found posts about it but have yet to get it to work. Could you please post your step and links you used? Did you compile on the Raspberry PI?

These were links I found but had no success.

142337 (thread)

HOW-TO:Compile_Kodi_for_Linux (wiki)
When I follow the link above the ./bootstrap & ./configure are not made. At that point I am dead in the water.

Just found this, I'm going to give it a go.

https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/blob/master...DME.debian

Thank you in advance for your help.

Paul
Hi Tim,

Could you please tell me which mesa libraries do you remove?

Regards,
it doesn't make much sense to compile with X11 support on rpi, since hardware decoding won't work.
If you want to do it anyway for dev/academic purposes, you follow the normal linux build howto

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Kodi 18 compilation on RPI3 fine, but kodi-x11 is not starting0