v17 Kodi disappeared from Asustor App central
Dear All, can someone provide some feedback, is this workaround working with ADM 3.4.1?
Thanks in advance.
I have an Asustor AS7004T with last Kodi 17.6. version supportet by Asustor and which was available in 2018 in the AppCentral. Due to the fact that Kodi is not supported and also not available in the AppCentral anymore, I would like to update Kodi to its latest version maually. I just haven't figured out how the workflow is to install Kodi 18.x corrrectly to my NAS manually. Due to I never did that before, a step by step guide, including all necessary additional files, such as drivers, codecs etc, is highly appreciated.

Many thanks and kind regards
OP posted in Asustor Forum. Kodi 18.0. But only meant for AS5202T NAS.

https://forum.asustor.com/viewtopic.php?f=98&t=10451
Hi!

I bought today an Asustor Nimbustor 2 AS5202T. When I try to upload the APP file manually (0010_999_1512560310_kodi_17.6.0.R1_x86-64.apk), I get a message saying "Unable to upload. The file format is invalid for this system. (Ref. 6210)"
How can I install Kodi on my new NAS? I have also an Asustor 6202T where Kodi works perfectly fine.

Thank you!
(2020-01-16, 21:43)Fordlobus Wrote: I bought today an Asustor Nimbustor 2 AS5202T.

Asustor will have to provide a compatible Kodi app for your NAS. Team Kodi does not provide those for Asustor products.
FYI: Kodi 17.6 is already outdated. Kodi 18.5 is almost EOL, and v19 is being developed.

Using a separate Kodi device as well as using the NAS for what it does best, file serving, would be recommended.
(2020-01-16, 21:54)Klojum Wrote:
(2020-01-16, 21:43)Fordlobus Wrote: I bought today an Asustor Nimbustor 2 AS5202T.

Asustor will have to provide a compatible Kodi app for your NAS. Team Kodi does not provide those for Asustor products.
FYI: Kodi 17.6 is already outdated. Kodi 18.5 is almost EOL, and v19 is being developed.

Using a separate Kodi device as well as using the NAS for what it does best, file serving, would be recommended. 
Hi @Klojum 
Thanks for your reply.
I use Kodi to stream TV shows and videos on my TV using an AS6202T Asustor, and recently I bought as well Nimbustor 2 AS5202.
Since updating to latest version of ADM, Kodi does not work in either of them.
Is there any way to revert the ADM upgrade instead? How could I install Kodi 18.3 or above, which I read in some threads that is compatible?

Thanks again!!
(2020-01-22, 21:18)Fordlobus Wrote: Since updating to latest version of ADM, Kodi does not work in either of them.
Is there any way to revert the ADM upgrade instead?

Unfortunately, you will have to contact Asustor for your questions. If Asustor broke something in their Asustor Disk Management tool, then Asustor will have to fix it.

And normally with NAS devices, downgrading is usually not an option. I know with Synology it is not impossible, but for your NAS you will need to ask in Asustor-related forums.
(2020-01-22, 21:45)Klojum Wrote:
(2020-01-22, 21:18)Fordlobus Wrote: Since updating to latest version of ADM, Kodi does not work in either of them.

Unfortunately, you will have to contact Asustor for your questions. If Asustor broke something in their Asustor Disk Management tool, then Asustor will have to fix it.

And normally with NAS devices, downgrading is usually not an option. I know with Synology it is not impossible, but for your NAS you will need to ask in Asustor-related forums.

********* UPDATE ********

KODI LEIA 18.0 workS perfectly on ASUSTOR NIMBUSTOR 2 AS5202T.
Just did a manual install of kodi_as5253_18.0.0.r2_x86-64.apk and works as a charm!!

(2020-01-24, 08:20)Fordlobus Wrote:
(2020-01-22, 21:45)Klojum Wrote:

********* UPDATE ********

KODI LEIA 18.0 workS perfectly on ASUSTOR NIMBUSTOR 2 AS5202T.
Just did a manual install of kodi_as5253_18.0.0.r2_x86-64.apk and works as a charm!!

Found how to make Kodi 17.6 work on my AS6202T FINALLY!!!
https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid...pid2920744

The APKs which are not anymore on the thread, can be installed from Asustor App Central, and Kodi still works.

Hope this helps a lot of people with same problem I had!!

Cheers

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Kodi disappeared from Asustor App central4