Req A way to see ALL TVShows with at least 1 unwatched episode as a SINGLE node/path.
Currently Kodi does NOT have a way to create a node or path to display ALL TVShows with at least 1 unwatched episode as a SINGLE list. The way it is today: IF a TV show has some number of unwatched episodes and NO watched episodes it will only show up in the "Unwatched Shows" list. IF a TV show has some number of unwatched episodes and AT LEAST ONE watched episode then it shows up in the "In Progress" list. With today's Kodi there is NO WAY to combine these lists as a single node to see ALL shows that have at least 1 unwatched episode.

EDIT TO MAKE WHAT I AM TRYING TO ACCOMPLISH MORE CLEAR: What I am trying to accomplish is on the Estuary Homescreen to remove the "In Progress TV Shows" and the "Unwatched TV Shows" rows and replace them with a single combined row that includes essentially both lists. I know how to edit the home screen to remove the rows and change the rules that govern what the rows show, but it doesn't seem possible at this point to accomplish what should be a super simple task. I am not sure what the point was to split the "unwatched" list into two rows to begin with.

I have thought of four possible ways to allow this (My guess is option 3 or 4 will be easiest):

OPTION 1: Nested Rules/RuleSets with videodb path - This would allow the combination of both videodb://inprogresstvshows with the more traditional "unwatched" list.

<match>one</match>
        <rule field="path" operator="is"><value>videodb://inprogresstvshows</value></rule>
        <ruleset>
           <match>all</match>
                <rule field="numwatched" operator="is">
                         <value>0</value>
                 </rule>
                 <rule field="numepisodes" operator="greaterthan">
                          <value>0</value>
          </ruleset>

OPTION 2:  Compare Field to Field -  Add the ability compare two fields directly in a rule instead of having to compare a field to a predetermined value.

<rule field="numepisodes" operator="greaterthan">
         <field="numwatched">
    </rule>

OPTION 3: Add a new Field -  Add a field called "numUNwatched" which contains a count of episodes that have NOT been watched. This could be done just reading the episode totalCount and watchedCount fields and subtracting. If that existed then I could simply use:

<rule field="numUNwatched" operator="greaterthan">
              <value>0</value>

OPTION 4: Add a new videodb SubSection Path - Add something like videodb://unwatchedtvshows that would return any TV shows where episode "totalCount" > "watchedCount"

Thanks for any consideration for adding this feature using any one of the above options.
But isn't the main TV Series list just with 'Hide Watched' checked accomplishing exactly this? o.O  It'll hide every series where EVERY episode is watched so the remainder must have ONE unwatched episode minimum.
(2018-03-30, 19:10)DJ_Izumi Wrote: But isn't the main TV Series list just with 'Hide Watched' checked accomplishing exactly this? o.O  It'll hide every series where EVERY episode is watched so the remainder must have ONE unwatched episode minimum.
 That does sort of work in some instances but there is one HUGE issue with this method that prevents me from using it: While "Hide Watched" is a MOSTLY global setting, there is that the ONE thing that this toggle DOESN'T affect and that is the main homescreen scrolling nodes in Estuary.

What I am trying to accomplish is on the Estuary Homescreen to remove the "In Progress TV Shows" and the "Unwatched TV Shows" rows and replace them with a single combined row that includes essentially both lists. I know how to edit the home screen to remove the rows and change the rules that govern what the rows show, but it doesn't seem possible at this point to accomplish what should be a super simple task. Really, why would ANYONE want their "unwatched" list to be split into two different rows on the homescreen?
Hi,

Did you ever find a solution or does anything in KODI 19 allow for this, surely I can find at least one good thing about to move to Kodi 19...
(2021-05-06, 07:40)dbareis Wrote: Did you ever find a solution or does anything in KODI 19 allow for this

This feature has not been implemented (yet). Perhaps other skins are more flexible in adapting new nodes/listings/et cetera.

I have my MySQL database web tool where listings are more easily created. This one here displays TV shows and their unwatched number of episodes.
(2021-05-06, 07:58)Klojum Wrote:
(2021-05-06, 07:40)dbareis Wrote:  
This feature has not been implemented (yet). Perhaps other skins are more flexible in adapting new nodes/listings/et cetera.
@dbareis Quoting a post without adding a reply is a bit weird...
Sorry no edit option and I have up writing in frustration. I meant to say thanks
Since you are a newcomer on this forum, you don't have edit permissions yet. This will change soon enough when you are actively participate.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
A way to see ALL TVShows with at least 1 unwatched episode as a SINGLE node/path.0