No Lyrics on RPI3
Hi wyrm,

Quick question; or so I hope. I don't get lyrics from AppTV on a Raspberry Pi 3. Is there some sort of dependency not being met on this platform? I know it's configured correctly because other skins display lyrics.

Amazing job when they do work, BTW. Did you script all those graphical flourishes yourself?
(2018-03-30, 23:11)nonJon Wrote: Hi wyrm,

Quick question; or so I hope. I don't get lyrics from AppTV on a Raspberry Pi 3. Is there some sort of dependency not being met on this platform? I know it's configured correctly because other skins display lyrics.
nonJon,

no idea, currently "dog fooding" new release candidate on the family Pi 3, will check when the family heads back to school after Easter to check what is going on.

Quote:Amazing job when they do work, BTW. Did you script all those graphical flourishes yourself?
come now I'm sure you are mining my code for code for your skin (not that I have a problem with that).  Not my code, was borrowed from BigNoid's aeon.nox.5 (as credited in my includes.xml after my variable code).  Makes heavy use of $PARAM's so pretty heavy going to understand whats happening. Very nice job though.

Wyrm (AppTV)
Quote:come now I'm sure you are mining my code for code for your skin (not that I have a problem with that). 

Guilty as charged. Your code is so well written that it's usually the first place I look before reinventing the wheel. Big Grin

Will let you know (offline) if I find a solution...
nonJon,

Just checked, working fine here.  Well it does as soon as you turn on the Lyrics script. In music OSD (probably best to do this in music visualisation screen, although should be able to do so from small player dialogue as well), bring up menu and navigate across to setting button.  There should then be two icons (buttons) displayed above the settings cog.  The left one is the lyrics button (music note in speech bubble icon), navigate up and to the left to select button.  In the dialogue that appears you either have to select the script.cu.lrclyrics entry if it has already been installed, or select "get more..." to install it from the kodi repo.  Will have to check how I coded things to see if another non Kodi repo lyric script will work, but as this is the only script of its type in the repo, point is probably moot.

Hope that helps
Wyrm (AppTV)

Now off to fix a speed wobble in the disk rotation on the music visualisation screen.
Believe I've sussed it. Started with a fresh install and turned lyrics on per your instructions. That worked. Try turning them off, then back on, via the visualizer OSD. That's what breaks it for me on krypton. A reboot or restart of the skin resolves the problem. Not an issue at all on jarvis.
(2018-04-05, 13:50)nonJon Wrote: Believe I've sussed it. Started with a fresh install and turned lyrics on per your instructions. That worked. Try turning them off, then back on, via the visualizer OSD. That's what breaks it for me on krypton. A reboot or restart of the skin resolves the problem. Not an issue at all on jarvis.

nonJon,

Ok that is a little more specific, will take a look and see if can’t improve things a bit. Was never very happy with the code used to turn lyrics on and off (in fact this was the basis of a rant I had that now gets horribly misquoted concerning toasters). Have learnt a trick or two since then, so should be able to do much better. Will advise if I manage to improve things a bit.

BTW, since you seem to be using the music visualisation screen, have you seen a wobble in the spinning CD image. Barely noticeable on my Windows 10 box on a Full HD aspect ratio screen, on the Raspberry Pi on a bigger Full HD screen feels like the TV should fall off the stand from the vibrations the wobble would create. Have fixed the issue but intersted why I see it on one box but not really on another.

Wyrm (AppTV)
I do see a very slight wobble but it is barely perceivable and larger screens do not exacerbate the problem for me.
Interesting, something about my setup in that case. Will take a look at the lyric issue later today.

Wyrm (AppTV)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
No Lyrics on RPI30