Linux 17.10, Kodi 17.6, Crashes with checkered patern on screen
As it is said in the subject line. 
Im running Ubuntu 17.10 all updated and running decent.  I just installed Kodi 17.6 with the EXODUS add-on. 
Heres what it dose, it will load a vid and will play it, but for some odd reason and for the life of me i havent figured out whats causing it yet, It will crash, and i get a white screen with a checkered pattern red and green in diagonal patterns. 
I had this problem with other machines but its been along time ago, and i honestly dont remember just how i resolved the issue.  Is there a simple fix for this?
I do have Kodi and EXODUS running on another machine that i use as Movie and TV in the front room and it runs perfect >knock on wood< at present but as i do remember when i first set this machine up i had the same issue, I just dont remember how i resolved it. 
Im not a programmer, Im an end user and im so-so with the command line, I do know how to copy and paste but so far i havent found anything in the forums with this issue
heres my hardware:
MSI mobo with an AMD X4 Phenom II 955,
Graphx: ATI 6850
8 gig of ram
This should do the trick,.....
dose anyone have the solution,....
Thanks in advance
OH and KODI people,....Super nice program,....cant do with out it, thank you.
Quote:with the EXODUS add-on.

The forum moderators have determined that banned addons (wiki) are present on your system. To receive assistance here, these banned items must be removed. If a clean log is not submitted within 3 days, then the relevant post(s) will be removed after this time.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
17.10, Kodi 17.6, Crashes with checkered patern on screen0