Kodi TV lists
Hi all.

I use Kodi to playback TV box sets I have.  Each one is in a separate folder.  Kodi picks it all up wthout any issue and displays it correctly, however, i have a good few box sets that are old (Stargate SG1, Angel, Buffy etc) that I want to keep but not have in the primary listing.

Presently I have a Menu link called TV and another second link called TV OLD.
After a little moving around, all the old box sets are on a single HD, while the new and current ones are stored on 2 other hard drives.
I set the old drive up as a favorite and created the link to point to the favorite
Left the other as is and this works, but I cannot set the content for the old stuff because it then scrapes and adds it all into the main TV menu, which is what I am trying to avoid.
Is there any way of having 2 links, one to TV shows that I have set to current and another to shows that are not current, if is there any type of a filter system I could use where I set each individual folder (Each TV Show) to either be in the TV link or in the TV Old link, but in either case scrape so the information is still downloaded.

I hope this makes sense?
Hello @spottedhaggis

Yes there is. See the wiki on Custom Home Items... https://kodi.wiki/view/Custom_home_items

Then the How To guide for Aeon Nox goes into detail how to prevent that in section 6.
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
Thanks for pointing me in a direction.  I currently have several TV shows I have set as favorites, and though it does separate them it does not do it cleanly at all.  I will have a look at the other ways.
Alternately you could point a the source in file mode and exclude the scrapers; the files will still be available to Kodi in file mode and favourites. If you still want the scrapers on-board, then smartplay list all your TV files, eliminate the default TV and replace with various playlists based on path or age. Individual profiles or nodes would also seem to offer possibilities.
Thread moved to video support
|Banned add-ons (wiki)|Forum rules (wiki)|VPN policy (wiki)|First time user (wiki)|FAQs (wiki) Troubleshooting (wiki)|Add-ons (wiki)|Free content (wiki)|Debug Log (wiki)|

Kodi Blog Posts

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Kodi TV lists0